9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night installed my rbc plus 70mm tb everything went well, even rigged the stock intake to work for the time being. but in the end we had a coolant leak from the gasket. the manifold was machined correctly everything lined up perfect. so we are thinking that the gasket just isnt sealing (stock gasket reused) so hopefully that was the problem and ill be on the road again tomorrow... anyone else run into this problem? or i was i the only one that cheaped out and tried reusing the stock gasket?

·
Registered
26 Posts
should replace the gasket, its never good to try and reuse the old one. they never seal up right again, especially with coolant.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
Did you seriously not read the 100+ page thread on installing an RBC manifold??? Lol. You can't use the stock gasket. The RBC manifold coolant port is shaped like a peanut. The k24z7 head coolant port is round and doesn't line up with the RBC coolant port correctly. Which is why you got the leak. Buy the install adapter plate from prl motorsports. Although if you were too cheap to get a new gasket. I'm assuming you don't have the money for the adapter plate. Sooooo good luck. It can be done with the proper thermal gasket and some jb weld.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that coolant port i got machined to the shape of the gasket. yea i read SOME of the 100 pages, but couldnt keep up. i just got picked up a new gasket now as we speak.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Did you seriously not read the 100+ page thread on installing an RBC manifold??? Lol. You can't use the stock gasket. The RBC manifold coolant port is shaped like a peanut. The k24z7 head coolant port is round and doesn't line up with the RBC coolant port correctly. Which is why you got the leak. Buy the install adapter plate from prl motorsports. Although if you were too cheap to get a new gasket. I'm assuming you don't have the money for the adapter plate. Sooooo good luck. It can be done with the proper thermal gasket and some jb weld.
Dude can you insult this guy anymore? Instead if being a asshole, try to give positive advice to help him out. I don't understand why people act like this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: steve47co1

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
Why do people act like this? Lol. Because all of the info he needs is here. But he's too lazy to read or search. So instead he just makes another thread.

Good luck with the leak. Personally I would've just bought the prl kit. After machining the manifold and buying a new gasket. You're probably already close to the $125 it costs for the adapter.

I'm 90% sure even if you machined the hole it still hangs over a little bit on the gasket. Causing a leak like you described. Message RSX2Si. He has done it this way and knows everything about it.

Yea and thanks for the insults. I don't remember getting personal with you. But hey. Some people are just real sensitive. Hope it made you feel good.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Why do people act like this? Lol. Because all of the info he needs is here. But he's too lazy to read or search. So instead he just makes another thread.

Good luck with the leak. Personally I would've just bought the prl kit. After machining the manifold and buying a new gasket. You're probably already close to the $125 it costs for the adapter.

I'm 90% sure even if you machined the hole it still hangs over a little bit on the gasket. Causing a leak like you described. Message RSX2Si. He has done it this way and knows everything about it.

Yea and thanks for the insults. I don't remember getting personal with you. But hey. Some people are just real sensitive. Hope it made you feel good.
I'm not going back and forth with you. My point was clearly made. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
569 Posts
how was it machined? was it welded shut and then machined to the shape of the 2012 gasket? or did you just open up the whole to the size of the 2012 gasket, if so, it'll leak.

·
Registered
251 Posts
...I say all of you insulting get infractions for shitting in a thread.
Ultimately, I agree with Panda, machine work probably isn't as perfect as something like this needs to be.
May want to try a p2r solid gasket.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how was it machined? was it welded shut and then machined to the shape of the 2012 gasket? or did you just open up the whole to the size of the 2012 gasket, if so, it'll leak.
welded shut then machined to the 2012 gasket correct.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Mine was matched to thermal gasket. Pretty perfect to me. I did it the old way though

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts