9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up late last nite,def notice a power increase as well as sounding better.still needs flashpro to realise the true potential.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i will add more pics in the morning,thanks to 4130 fabrication ,wayne and nick for all there help welding up coolant passage and finding me some stock 06-11 si injectors!!! 4130 FTW

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
What is the issue with our current one?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Let it SCREAAAMMMMM!!! How's VTEC? ;)

Marko!

·
Registered
935 Posts
For a stock car it's not an issue as it's transmitting less heat to the intake charge and it' smoother inside! But for an enthousiast, a manifold with shorter runners and a sightly bigger plenum will allow for more top end power when tuned accordingly! :)

Marko!

Reactions: LDub and AJ Cruz

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love it so far pulls better all over,vtec pops harder,and it sounds better!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
That looks awesome!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
your stock one is made of plastic and difficult to upgrade injectors with.

the RBC is the 06-11 civic intake manifold and perfect for modding
So we can use the aftermarket K20 Intake Manifold then?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Besides being made of plastic? :D
I hate to say it but my 08 VW GTI had a plastic manifold and put down 380whp all day long with no issues. Therefore I don't see plastic being an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
the plastic manifolds that honda has on there r18 and k24 was put on there because they gave better gas mileage because of there smooth flowing design they are not a performance oriented part, yes you can still get run a good amount of power on them but if you want to make the most out of the engine then I would suggest switching to the RBC and also too you can port match with the RBC if you do a port and polish on the head where with the plastic one you cant

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
It looks good there dude!!

I'll probably wait until a new manifold is done for this engine and compartment so it doesn't prevent use of aftermarket intake systems. The bending of the tubing into the manifold looks pretty tortuous. On another note, RSX2Si did this swap and put a custom SRI in. That'd be sweet in here. Glad to see the initiative here.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
how did your OEM intake fit after? also if you were doing a swap you really should of went with a RRC manifold for the best gains

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
in the pics you can see the oem intake did not fit without modifacatons

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
What did you use to tune this with?

Wouldn't the stock K20 injectors be maxed out on duty cycle when slapped on K24 block?? Especially after a couple of bolt-on's?

Not doubting you a bit, I'm just curious lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rrc,is twice the price for only minimal gain over rbc.same injector size as 06-11 si,waiting on flashpro like everybody else.and yes i would think i could also use any aftermarket manifold for 06-11 si now

1 - 20 of 79 Posts