9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
RBC was the intake on the 8th gen. It's a common to swap the 9th gen plastic one for the 8th gen. It is supposed to give good gains on a boosted car, and give a couple ho on bolt on cars.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
686 Posts
RBC was the intake on the 8th gen. It's a common to swap the 9th gen plastic one for the 8th gen. It is supposed to give good gains on a boosted car, and give a couple ho on bolt on cars.
So on non boosted car it's not really worth the hassle?

·
Registered
546 Posts
So on non boosted car it's not really worth the hassle?
You gain a couple HP up top (single digits unless you tie in downpipe/tune gains), lose some TQ down low. Cost-per-HP low for a swap kit. In my opinion, unless your spending $1k or so on head stuff, not worth it.
$1k This assumes cams are available, or you do a K20 head swap. Either way, it's a extreme N/A build, and due diligence would be done, and would ignore my comment.
For a normal turbo build, it's a drop in a large bucket.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
686 Posts
You gain a couple HP up top (single digits unless you tie in downpipe/tune gains), lose some TQ down low. Cost-per-HP low for a swap kit. In my opinion, unless your spending $1k or so on head stuff, not worth it.
$1k This assumes cams are available, or you do a K20 head swap. Either way, it's a extreme N/A build, and due diligence would be done, and would ignore my comment.
For a normal turbo build, it's a drop in a large bucket.
Doesn't sound worth it on a DD, where I spend most of my time under 5k RPMs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts