9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a very cheap 8th gen setup, rbc with rail and injectors. Is this going to work on my si?

Or, am i better off getting new slightly larger injectors and rail?

They are used, i would send for cleaning and inspection of course, but do i just buy new inj & rails at this point?

I’ll be staying n/a for a few years, currently tuning with etunez -acuity / dp / fpro setup.
See attached pics, thx all.

Attachments

·
Vendor
628 Posts
This all should pretty much work, though you will need a few adapters, namely Intake Manifold Adapter OR a Coolant By-Pass and Cut the Manifold. Also a Throttle Body Adapter OR a Big Bore Throttle Body Kit (stock 9th Gen TB will not fit).

Injectors should work, but you would need to wire them in, also they would be maxed out in the sense that you would need to upgrade them anyways if you go E85 or Forced Induction. A set of PnP SiriMoto 550cc injectors would be a simple upgrade for the time being. The fuel rail will work, and might only require you sort of reroute the OEM Fuel Line.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the feedback.
I forgot to mention i do have a prl rbc adapter kit, for stock throttle body.
I may go with some 1000s, as i would like either turbo or super in 2-3 years. This way i have fuel there if needed.
Good info, i appreciate the help

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey thanks for the feedback.
I forgot to mention i do have a prl rbc adapter kit, for stock throttle body.
I may go with some 1000s, as i would like either turbo or super in 2-3 years. This way i have fuel there if needed.
Good info, i appreciate the help
One thing ive learned with a turbo car is what injectors you think will be fine go bigger lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is i still need to be street friendly with idle etc, im worried too much fuel while n/a will be a bad idea?

·
Registered
297 Posts
The thing is i still need to be street friendly with idle etc, im worried too much fuel while n/a will be a bad idea?
Think of it like this, my cars boosted with 1000cc injectors, but mine idles using near identical amount of fuel as you. Has had a few hiccups on hot starts I contribute to much lower duty cycle (? I think ?), but nothing I'm to worried about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts