9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Rbc swap k24z7

13K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  AndyMac204 
#1 ·
Hey I have an rbc manifold and I want to put it on my civic si 2013 I have a skunk2 intake my buddy told me I can just swap out the oem and put on the rbc do I need anything else besides gaskets ?

#3 ·
Yea I’m not gona put it on just yet I’m waiting for my skunk2 downpipe to come and also waiting for Hondata to open up so I can flash my ecu but what I meant is that do I need any other parts to fit ? Cause I’ve seen people do the coolant delete an add a tb spacer

#4 ·
I did the RBC swap with the PRL kit. The coolant block off may mean you don't need the swap kit though.

You may need adapters if your using the stock injectors. You may need a fuel rail, I can't remember why I had to put one on.

I highly recommend the PRL RBC kit, the adapter uses O-Rings to seal intake ports and coolant passages. I used their throttle body adapter as well, O-Ring sealed.

#10 ·
There's two choices on this. I did a mix of the two, while I had a beater to drive (90 miles daily for work).
1.) Do RBC without a "kit" with a coolant block off plate. Figure out what injectors you need. Find out what gasket you need. What intake you can use for it. What tune you can use on intake, injectors, maybe lucky and hondata has a tune already.
2.) Call PRL, talk to them about what you in particular need Injector/adapter wise. If you don't verify these things, on a daily car, expect to not have a driveable car for a week or so.
Not sure, but do you know what HP gain per $ your getting? What torque per $ your loosing? What HP per $ your expecting? RBC on a N/A car is not worth it IMO. Not worth it on my car really, but had alot of O.T. and cash on hand.
I have a RBC intake on a boosted Si, if I was going to buy a Si to replace my beater, I would not buy one with anymore than D.P., exhaust. Beyond that, I'm forced to premium fuel.
I personally have 12k wrapped up in a car, worth less than 12k. With 24k of value (I really have 30k invested now total) I could only get 12k.

Not trying to bash the RBC on a bolt on car at all, but it's a ton of hassle for 3-5HP on a N/A car.

#11 ·
There's two choices on this. I did a mix of the two, while I had a beater to drive (90 miles daily for work).
1.) Do RBC without a "kit" with a coolant block off plate. Figure out what injectors you need. Find out what gasket you need. What intake you can use for it. What tune you can use on intake, injectors, maybe lucky and hondata has a tune already.
2.) Call PRL, talk to them about what you in particular need Injector/adapter wise. If you don't verify these things, on a daily car, expect to not have a driveable car for a week or so.
Not sure, but do you know what HP gain per $ your getting? What torque per $ your loosing? What HP per $ your expecting? RBC on a N/A car is not worth it IMO. Not worth it on my car really, but had alot of O.T. and cash on hand.
I have a RBC intake on a boosted Si, if I was going to buy a Si to replace my beater, I would not buy one with anymore than D.P., exhaust. Beyond that, I'm forced to premium fuel.
I personally have 12k wrapped up in a car, worth less than 12k. With 24k of value (I really have 30k invested now total) I could only get 12k.

Not trying to bash the RBC on a bolt on car at all, but it's a ton of hassle for 3-5HP on a N/A car.
I've decided to go with the rbc for my turbo setup because it seems to make 8% more power at the same boost levels compared to the stock IM. When you put the rbc on, did you have to lengthen the throttle body wires by cutting or can you take them out of the plastic wiring holder?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.