9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup y’all I recently got an RBC and I got everything but the injectors. I’ve read that you can install stock injectors and the car should run fine but if you vtec the f*** out of it the motor will be stressed. So I did a bit of research found that the rdx injectors go well with the RBC. Now if I go with the rdx injectors am I going to have to change the fuel rail as well? I’ve read the one ktuned sells is good. Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sup y’all I recently got an RBC and I got everything but the injectors. I’ve read that you can install stock injectors and the car should run fine but if you vtec the f*** out of it the motor will be stressed. So I did a bit of research found that the rdx injectors go well with the RBC. Now if I go with the rdx injectors am I going to have to change the fuel rail as well? I’ve read the one ktuned sells is good. Does anyone know anything about this?
There are plenty of threads on doing the rbc swap on our cars. You can't just bolt the manifold on. There are a few companies that make adapter kits that come with the proper gaskets. Oem injectors will require an adapter.

The amount of fuel you need is dependent on how much power you are making and fuel type, not how much vtec you use...

Its also helpful if you give full details on your setup. what other mods you have? Do you have hondata to be able to tune the vehicle properly after the IM swap?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are plenty of threads on doing the rbc swap on our cars. You can't just bolt the manifold on. There are a few companies that make adapter kits that come with the proper gaskets. Oem injectors will require an adapter.

The amount of fuel you need is dependent on how much power you are making and fuel type, not how much vtec you use...

Its also helpful if you give full details on your setup. what other mods you have? Do you have hondata to be able to tune the vehicle properly after the IM swap?

ok cool thanks for the details. Right now I have hondata flash and a K&N sri intake. Everything else is stock. However, I’m eventually going to be running PRL sri , RBC, skunk2 dp, and q300 catback. Right now I’m just waiting for my catback to come in before I install everything. I don’t want to bolt everything I have now on with a stock dp you know? I know stock injectors can be installed while going fbo but like you said it depends how much vtec I use and I use it quite often

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ok cool thanks for the details. Right now I have hondata flash and a K&N sri intake. Everything else is stock. However, I’m eventually going to be running PRL sri , RBC, skunk2 dp, and q300 catback. Right now I’m just waiting for my catback to come in before I install everything. I don’t want to bolt everything I have now on with a stock dp you know? I know stock injectors can be installed while going fbo but like you said it depends how much vtec I use and I use it quite often

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the adapters if you want them. I’ll shipped them for $20 and you pay shipping. I never used them

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
899 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's a standard prl rbc manifold adapter kit. It includes the adapter plate, o rings, hardware and throttle body adapter.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Whats your average IAT’s at cruising speeds?
This is a turbo specific warning, but my IATs are 110F when the car has sat in ~70F 12 hours over night. OBD1 sensors off Amazon SUCK. Waiting to convert to a different, fast acting IAT sensor I have, requiring a Dyno tune. At the 1/4 track, I wasn't getting full power due to this wonky setup till half track. Takes awhile for the plastic sensor to change, and it's always reading high, is worthless.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
468 Posts
Whats your average IAT’s at cruising speeds?
honestly havent checked for some time. hondata been sitting on the shelf collecting dust since last fall. once it warms up outside a little more, i gotta take the car for a good shake down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts