9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread as well, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this. We've recently been seeing a lot of sellers out there who are marketing fake Honda JDM emblems as real genuine Honda parts (with fake Honda part # labels too).

We just did a pretty long comparison video of the fake vs real Honda JDM emblems. I hope this helps those of you looking for the real emblems. Once you see the emblems in person, it is easy to spot the differences, and over time the fake ones will fade/crack/etc. The Honda ones stay in great shape for a very long time, even with sunlight hitting them every day. Let me know if you have any questions about the video.

Enjoy! :thumb:

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
nitpicking "real" jdm emblems on a usdm civic to make it legit; oh the irony.. :/

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so unless we have both emblems in our hands, this video is pointless
Or unless you have good resolution pictures of the emblems being sold. But yeah, the bottom line is there are some shady vendors out there. The place we purchased our fake ones from indicated in every way possible (including from the pictures) that they were selling genuine Honda parts, 100% from Japan. It's just misleading to the consumer.

Also, another way to right off the bat tell if any emblem is fake is if the store (like the one mentioned above) also sells the red H key chain emblem or steering wheel emblem. Those are impossible to get individually from Honda. In fact, for the genuine red H steering wheel emblem you have to buy the whole Type R airbag!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Would you mind letting us know who you got these from, so we can avoid? I'm hoping I don't end up with fakes. :/

·
Registered
174 Posts
Or unless you have good resolution pictures of the emblems being sold. But yeah, the bottom line is there are some shady vendors out there. The place we purchased our fake ones from indicated in every way possible (including from the pictures) that they were selling genuine Honda parts, 100% from Japan. It's just misleading to the consumer.

Also, another way to right off the bat tell if any emblem is fake is if the store (like the one mentioned above) also sells the red H key chain emblem or steering wheel emblem. Those are impossible to get individually from Honda. In fact, for the genuine red H steering wheel emblem you have to buy the whole Type R airbag!
you mean to tell me that J's Racing one is fake !!!! (sarcasm)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't understand people who buy stuff like this from random stores or eBay online. It's like buying NFL Jerseys from eBay instead of NFL Shop. 99.9% chance it's going to be fake.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I don't understand people who buy stuff like this from random stores or eBay online. It's like buying NFL Jerseys from eBay instead of NFL Shop. 99.9% chance it's going to be fake.
I think they do know it is 99.99% fake from these eBay, but they prefer cheap and not so many experienced ppl out there haha

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well that is good to know, I got the fake ones I guess but if they hold up thats ok and if they dont I will be buying the real ones now that I know the red emblems from kplayground are fake

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,489 Posts
tbh, I don't mind non-genuine stuff as long as it looks good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Has anyone got them from Kplayground? And are the colored ones FAKE? I will be highly pissed if i spend 50$ a pop for them !
Yes those ones are fake and the coloured ones definately are considering honda never made those other colour emblems, but I say o well its just an emblem its not gonna affect how the car drives

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: scottyrocks
1 - 20 of 27 Posts