9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M NOT A PRO! I'M SIMPLY SHARING MY EXPERIENCE! Get a professional alignment after your done.
Anyways.... hope this helps.

FYI - I installed Skunk2 lowering springs months earlier.

1. loosen the lug nuts, jack up the car, set it on a jack stand, take off the wheel.
View attachment 246745
2. jack up the the suspension so that it won't go anywhere when you take off the stock arm. View attachment 246769

3. the arm has 3 attach points. a bolt up front View attachment 246809 and two bolts going into the frame. View attachment 246817 the rear bolts are hard to get to. i used about a 9 inch extender on my socket wrench. Take those out. Then take out the bolt up front. the black nut is secured in place by a small bolt. take it out and life is easier. View attachment 246777 View attachment 246793
4. IMG_0985.jpg If you install one like this SPC brand rear camber arm, you will want to follow the instructions for setting the length. i extended mine almost to the max and will let an alignment shop do the final tweaks.
5. Now just put it back together! NOTE that when you go to unscrew the two rear bolts on the passenger side, the exhaust will be in the way. Fortunately it comes apart right there. If the bolts are rusty and you feel like you are trying two hard to get them out, they might break, like one of mine,:eusa_clap:, so don't end up like me with a broken muffler bolt.

·
Registered
256 Posts
SORRY FOR PULLING AN OLD THREAD BACK UP,

I'm about to install my Godspeed Camber arms on this weekend, and I've seen a few threads discussing installs.

1. Do I need any new hardware for this install, or will the OEM bolts & nuts work with my aftermarket camber arms?

2. I also saw people saying to use a lubricant/grease to rid squeaks and what not, can these be purchased from local auto parts stores or do you need to hit a dealership up?

I need to install mine STAT and want to ensure that no issues keep me from completing the install. I don't want to have the stock rear arms off and realize I need longer hardware or something. Any and all help/hints are appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts