9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Our family will be moving to Europe from the US this summer and we would like to take our 9th Gen 2013 Civic LX with us.

We have been told that we will need to have a rear fog light installed to meet European regulations. I have been searching the web and the photo below is exactly what I am looking for, but:

a) the current bumper doesn't have a place in the middle for the fog light, as shown in the photo below
b) I can't find anyone selling this bumper part, or the light, online. All I can find is replacement LEDs for the two bumper reflectors, but I'm not sure if they will meet European regulations (size and brightness).

I would be very grateful for any help/ advice that you can offer.

Thanks
civic.jpg

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have 2 ideas that you might not like...
Call ahead to some shops/dealers in Europe and see if this is something they can install when you arrive.
Or sell your car in the states and just buy a new one there, that already meets their regulations.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can also buy a flush style tail light cut a hole in your bumper and fit it in. I seen some older civics do this. I don't know what size specs and brightness you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts