9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend that dropped his cig in my car and now there is a 1" cig burn in the rear. Any ideas on how to fix it in an affordable solution?

Civic LX with grey cloth

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Trick used to be, take a razor blade and shave a slight amount of fabric from a hidden part of the seat and then put glue in hole and sprinkle shaved fabric from seat on glue and let dry. Problem now is the fabric is so tight you can't do that. And a one inch hole is a good size hole. I saw that on an episode of trucks and it looked really good when done. Try you tube for suggestions. You will probably find the method I had suggested. And this is the fabric that would work. I took that picture from my 98 dodge. It will be tough with these new seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've cut and glued fabric into the holes in old cars in the past. You cut the fabric patch slightly larger than the burn hole and tuck it inside the hole with glue.

You could also take it to an upholstery shop for repair or put custom seat covers in yourself. Only the cutting and gluing of a matched fabric is cheap.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Trick used to be, take a razor blade and shave a slight amount of fabric from a hidden part of the seat and then put glue in hole and sprinkle shaved fabric from seat on glue and let dry. Problem now is the fabric is so tight you can't do that. And a one inch hole is a good size hole. I saw that on an episode of trucks and it looked really good when done. Try you tube for suggestions. You will probably find the method I had suggested. And this is the fabric that would work. I took that picture from my 98 dodge. It will be tough with these new seats.
That works good on carpets too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't think that red fabric can be shaved enough to fill a hole. I would look where the fabric folds under the cushion and isn't visible for a piece to cut off. Then either carefully cut the burned part if there is any and cover the hole or place it in behind the hole. It's hard to say without looking at it, but there are glues that would hold the little piece in front of or behind the hole. Going in behind takes a careful hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts