9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much modification is needed to install 61/2 rear speakers?? I dont wanna get in there and realize I gotta start grinding things. I'd like to keep things as neat as possible, even though you cant see them after everything is put back together....I'll still know! I could'nt be happier with the way the head installed and how it kinda looks like it "belongs" there! Alpine's display matches up really nice!

·
Registered
365 Posts
6 1/2 is the size of the factory speaker so it should fit with out a problem. You will have to figure out how to connect them though. Properly cut some wires since the factory speakers have plugs.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The problem is the clearance to the torsion bar for the trunk . I positioned the leads forward. It just misses when the trunk closes. Not all speakers will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You can get a plug kit to attach them cleanly. Are you ok with losing the hands free and other stuff going after market? Please put up some pics.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A plug kit would be ideal, in case i wanna sell it down the road...I can always put the factory ones back in cleanly, thanks Bobshur! I dropped a CDA 117 with the bluetooth adaptor and Axxess steering wheel interface...so the only function I lost was radio station and song dislpay on the Imid screen. The Axxess SWC is touchy sometimes but all in all, I got no complaints about it...we'll see if it stands the test of time!!

P1020007.jpg P1020027.jpg P1020028.jpg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have a detailed threads about all of this. I experimented with 3 sets of speakers and factory of course. 2 sets of pioneer, 1 set of kickers. I also did this for the front.

I ended up with the Kicker ds-65's in the back and kept the factory in the front. The bass is way better with factory in the front. The rear sounded best with the kickers.

I also switched out the sub with a jl zr-800. Sounds good, but nothing like my kicker 12" sub. Yes I hooked up an amp and used the rear sub hook up with a line out converter.

I cut nothing, I used the harnesses for eveything. Crutchfield is the way to go. They are the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I really like crutchfield, if you get the right tech, they can take great care of you. They are a little behind with the 9th gen though. ( they insisted the dxi 650's would not guy In the rear( they do) but they have a great shipping and return policy and tech if you need them. Looks real nice though, are you going to mount the sub ?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Man I hate auto finish , sorry for killing the spelling ^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts