9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced my front door speakers and rear deck speakers with Kicker 46CSC674 speakers (Kicker 46CSC674)
As well as my Sub with a Kicker 48CWR84 (Kicker 48CWR84)
These are supposed to work according to crutchfield. My front speakers work great. But the rear deck speakers and sub are super quiet.
Fade, balance and connections are all solid. Anyone have any ideas why the rear speakers and sub are so quiet?
Thanks in advance

· Registered
810 Posts
I would clarify that Crutchfield can tell you if something fits not works. You are trying to power all this off the factory amplifier correct?

Your factory amp was not designed to power any of that properly. Especially that 8" driver. I'm honestly surprised it doesn't sound worse.

I would recommend doing some reading on properly pairing amplifiers to speakers (diymobileaudio is a good resource) and taking a look at other people's setups.

For now I would disconnect that 8" driver (or reinstall the OEM one) and roll with that until you figure out how you want to refine your setup. You need to decide whether you are ready to ditch the OEM amp. If not, the best thing you can do is get an aftermarket equalizer/processor and refine what you have.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would clarify that Crutchfield can tell you if something fits not works. You are trying to power all this off the factory amplifier correct?

Your factory amp was not designed to power any of that properly. Especially that 8" driver. I'm honestly surprised it doesn't sound worse.

I would recommend doing some reading on properly pairing amplifiers to speakers (diymobileaudio is a good resource) and taking a look at other people's setups.

For now I would disconnect that 8" driver (or reinstall the OEM one) and roll with that until you figure out how you want to refine your setup. You need to decide whether you are ready to ditch the OEM amp. If not, the best thing you can do is get an aftermarket equalizer/processor and refine what you have.
Oh wow! This is my holy grail of newbie mistakes. I’m using the stock amp, I’ll probably replace it with an aftermarket one. I was wondering if you know what the power handling rating of the stock amp is?
Thank a lot man, I’m definitely going to do some reading.

· Registered
810 Posts
Oh wow! This is my holy grail of newbie mistakes. I’m using the stock amp, I’ll probably replace it with an aftermarket one. I was wondering if you know what the power handling rating of the stock amp is?
Thank a lot man, I’m definitely going to do some reading.
I believe Honda claimed around 470 watts for the Premium Audio? That's obviously a max rating and probably is optimistic.

Who knows the RMS rating? I know Phantom Audio still offers some upgrade options for them, but really that's for extracting the full benefits from the OEM amp and speakers (which are Foster in the Premium Audio and quite good when equalized correctly).

Also, keep in mind that if you are keeping the OEM head unit, you'll need an amplifier/amplifiers that have differential balanced inputs. You can add why that is to your research if you're curious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts