9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I have Ex model with 6 Speakers music system(no woofer). I am happy with front four speakers but 2 rear speakers are big crap.

Yesterday I was trying to play around with OEM HU and turned all sound to rear speakers only and sound was just pathetic, literally my grand father's old radio on AM sounded better than those, even my cellphone speakers are more louder and have better sound.... there was no depth in sound at all.....

I thought 2 front and 2 rear speakers are same and they have same power....

I am just curious to know if rear speakers are weaker than front, and if yes, by replacing those with better ones can we improve our sound?? or even if I install better speakers on rear it is gonna sound similar?

Or is it only me who has this problem?? should I go to Dealer and get my car checked?

·
Registered
597 Posts
The front has tweeter and the rear does not. Also the stock radio's internal equalization is likely different between front and rear. Add to that the rear speakers are blocked by the headrests. So what do you expect?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have just replaced the rear speakers on my EX-L and I think that the wattage supplied to the rear is less than the fronts. I tried 2 brands, Infinity and Kicker. When the sound was only coming from the rear, I had to turn it up to 30 to be able to hear them nicely. Not that much bass at all compared to the front factory speakers. I guess one needs an amp to up the wattage to those speakers. I think the best bet is to just get a sub in the trunk. The speakers in the front look the same as the rear so other than wattage and maybe that the door acts like some sort of enclosure, I don't have any idea as to why there is such a difference in sound.

·
Registered
597 Posts
There's a huge boost on the midbass on the front channels, not because the door acts as an enclosure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts