9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know my end result after my alignment is still funky... and might be hated on for whatever reason.

As for the front camber that's way off. I'm not running front camber bolts, but i plan to soon. The guy who did my alignment said the 2 sides aren't identical because my preload was off or i didn't measure correctly on height :p

The main problem:
The guy who did the alignment said that he couldn't get any closer to factory toe specs in the rear and even played with the rear camber to get at least as close to possible and at least try to achieve best of both worlds. (toe and keeping some camber so i don't rub my tire against the inner fender)
(My rear suspension is as low as it gets and even took out the 2 rings along with maxing out the strut. I am also running rear camber arms.)

Is it because I'm too low or is these a toe kit i can get? Nothing like eccentric toe bolts for the rear?​

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is no way you can get your rear toe in spec without modifying the rear trailarms. Our Civics' aren't meant to go this low. For those of us who are super low, our rear trailarms sit straight, but it needs to have some arch to it. (look at a stock civic) You need to have the rear trailarms modified so that you can get the toe in spec without having to loose camber and rub. bad toe is worse than negative camber. people with bad toe go through tires faster than people wit negative camber. find a shop with a good reputation for custom fabrication. hope this helped!

I had this exact same problem and had the trailarm modified. now im at 3.3 on each side evenly. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
There is no way you can get your rear toe in spec without modifying the rear trailarms. Our Civics' aren't meant to go this low. For those of us who are super low, our rear trailarms sit straight, but it needs to have some arch to it. (look at a stock civic) You need to have the rear trailarms modified so that you can get the toe in spec without having to loose camber and rub. bad toe is worse than negative camber. people with bad toe go through tires faster than people wit negative camber. find a shop with a good reputation for custom fabrication. hope this helped!

I had this exact same problem and had the trailarm modified. now im at 3.3 on each side evenly. :)
I know i'm bringing up an old topic, but I don't think this statement is entirely true. As you've noticed, the rear trailarms are in the size of a "L" shape and the angled part of the arms where it angles outwards is where our hubs are bolted to. From there, you can see the hub is connected to the arms by two joints. These joints controls the toe. Here's someone from the 8thgenforum who did a rear toe adjustment on their own DIY: Adjust Rear Toe - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum and you can see from his pictures what i'm talking about.

As for the OP, jeff, was this from Vex motorsports?
I've only went to two places for alignment on my car, 1 vex and 1 autornd. The people at auto was able to get it aligned without a problem and I was sitting a lot lower than I was when I went to Vex. The people at Vex told me they couldn't adjust my toe unless they made my rears more negative..which wasn't ideal because it was sitting at -3.5 at that point. The spec sheet you posted also looks the same as the one I received from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts