9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
From the valve cover, like the gasket or the top where the grommets are?
You could remove the nuts holding the valve cover and retighten everything. i was leaking a tiny bit from one of the grommets, that fixed things.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hey, engine has been sweating quite a bit from the left, has anyone had this issue?
They do that, so don't sweat it!
Seriously if all you see is dampness with road grime stuck to it, best advice is wipe it off.
If there is a trail of oil downward or oil is making it to the floor. Then it's time to investigate further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a used 15 and replaced the front swaybar today and noticed i have slight oil weeping from somewhere on passenger side. I'm wondering if this is normal or should I try and a dress the issue.. I Always Thought hondas were tight and Didnt leak oil...

·
Registered
220 Posts
They do that, so don't sweat it!
Seriously if all you see is dampness with road grime stuck to it, best advice is wipe it off.
If there is a trail of oil downward or oil is making it to the floor. Then it's time to investigate further.
Why on the "left side"? I am asking because my 2014 Camry shows this too but no leak or drippings on the floor. I have wiped it off and will monitor it since my powertrain warranty expires in the fall of 2018. Look forward to your explanation.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,137 Posts
Gaskets, and the metal pieces surrounding them, expand and contract over many heat cycles. That, combined with time and weather, causes them to dry out somewhat and let some fluid through. How much fluid is the key.

If there is just weeping, I would do as Teeps suggested and wipe it off. If anything is running or especially dripping, then further action would be taken.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
OP, when you say the left side of the engine, do you mean as when you’re sitting in the driver’s seat or when you’re standing in front of the car facing rearward looking at the engine? If you mean when your facing the engine from the front of the car, could you be talking about the well known leak from the timing chain tensioner cover?
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/9th-gen-civic-general-chat/192697-oil-leak-solved.html#/topics/192697
Lots of members including myself have been affected with this tiny leak that’s really a quick fix. Just redo the HondaBond and that should take care of it. If the oil is coming from the valve cover gasket on the other hand, that’s a different leak from the one I’m talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts