9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day after I got my Si I removed the factory decals because I wanted it to look "cleaner." After a few weeks I got kind of bored with it and thought it looked too plain. So I ordered a cheap set of red vinyl die-cut ones. I was afraid it would look to tacky but I think I kind of like it...not 100% sure yet. I might leave them on for a month or so and then decide.....I'm very fickle lol. I think they are a bit smaller than the factory ones were and they don't stand out as much as I thought they would. I plan to get the red "JDM" style badges and I think they will make a good look combined with the red side decals. It was getting dark quick when I snapped this crappy iPhone pic but I'll try to take some more tomorrow in the light. BTW, I measured them perfectly level so I don't know why the decal looks a tad crooked. I hope its just the angle of the car and of the shot.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I think they look great or I would not have put the same ones on mine. lol

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Just convince yourself and others that it is an optical illusion if they look tilted. I boxed my old ones in tape before removal and I am sure that the replacement sticker is on the exact same plane as the previous one. Mine will still look tilted at times too.

The original stickers look cheap to me with that background stuff and not being die-cut.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just convince yourself and others that it is an optical illusion if they look tilted. I boxed my old ones in tape before removal and I am sure that the replacement sticker is on the exact same plane as the previous one. Mine will still look tilted at times too.

The original stickers look cheap to me with that background stuff and not being die-cut.

damn, now i wanna do this to my CBP coupe

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Looks so good Honda R&D has decided to use red die cut stickers for the upcoming refresh! :eusa_dance:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts

Check if your car is tilted. Measure from the frame rail to the ground (make sure its level). When i installed coils i leveled my car but now the fenders look tilted.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I think almost any color would look good on white.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took a couple more pictures at work today. It rained on my way in so the car is filthy lol.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Looks great to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anyone done white or black on a RR?? Would love to see pics! :)

There are Matte Black ones on ebay.. might scoop those up!

·
Registered
84 Posts
where are you finding the red ones on ebay? what size should we be looking at to stay as close to the stock size decals??? thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts