9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey there, haven't been around in while but I'll chime in on this thread. I too have the BC Racing DR series coilovers. My springs are Swift and 8k front/ 10k rear. For daily driving dampers set at 1 click Fnt/ 5 clicks Rear. Definitely stiffer than stock. Ride quality is a bit harsher but not unbearable. The turnpike in FL is under construction and they have some bumps and dips that can get exciting when I drive over them. :p

I'm still trying to figure out the settings for autocross. I'm leaning towards a 10f/15r (Clicks up from zero). One of our top autoX drivers Ian Stewart (He won STR class at Nationals) has said I need more rotation. He said I'm using to much steering. Still need to test the 10/15 clicks theory. I did it once and it was very tail happy and scared me a little bit.... :p It sounds like I need to get used to it and learn how to drive it like that. If I can't get the rotation with damper settings, I may have to change out the springs and double the spring rate in the rear. Chris from Red Shift does a 10k front/ 20k rear on his 8th gen.

Was also able to get out to Palm Beach International Raceway with them and I set them at 15 click from soft front and rear. Car was behaved and well suited. I was chasing down tons of people in the corners.
Also check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRDVRFfNCTR2LHcIHJYCwjA if you want to dive more into my setup and how it does. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered my Redshift BC Racing coilovers with Bilstein internals a few weeks ago. Should be here by Christmas. My set up will be 9K front and 14.5K rear. This kit will be a huge improvement over my current D2 setup which has done quite well for me. And Hatman, awesome to have a National Champ in STR locally to give advise. To win STR is an amazing feat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice, Can't wait to hear what you say about the ride with those spring rates. I have a set of BC Racing srings @ 10k/14k that came with the coils originally. So I could, in theory, just swap in the 14k rears and get very close to your setup without to much trouble. Also can't wait to hear how the Bilstien Re-valve is, as that is still a possibility.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I’m at 7k 9k and daily it at 0/0 usually. When I want a little more, 2 from soft front and 5 from soft rear makes it pretty fun for the street. For smooth tracks 15/15 would be perfect but on my setup I wouldn’t go higher. I was actually surprised at the factory dampening, anything over 15 on my setup seems to be too much for the spring rate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just went to Redshift Motorsports website, and I was sad to see that Chris' store for end users is now gone. :cry: I was just trying to look for some spring rate numbers. I am an 8th gen Civic Si owner, but I do love the 9th gen just as much. But glad to hear that Chris has a special project and parts for those who go to the track. It's bitter-sweet...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just went to Redshift Motorsports website, and I was sad to see that Chris' store for end users is now gone. :cry: I was just trying to look for some spring rate numbers. I am an 8th gen Civic Si owner, but I do love the 9th gen just as much. But glad to hear that Chris has a special project and parts for those who go to the track. It's bitter-sweet...
Man, it is bittersweet. I dealt with Chris before and he is a great guy. Hope for the best going forward!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts