9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a reflash for my 2012 civic Si through Corsport. I was concerned after reading this post, http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/9th-gen-civic-general-chat/4678-hondata-reflash-troubles.html, that I might have trouble getting my ecu back from Hondata.

So, I contacted Corsport to make certain that everything was in order before I shipped it. That was Monday 12/3. They emailed back assuring me that their vendor Hybrid Racing had billed them that morning, and that I need not worry.

I decided to go through USPS to save a couple bucks. They were unable to meet their guaranteed time by an entire day. So Hondata recieved my ecu on Wednesday. Ok, the post office sucks. Not a huge surprise.

So today is Thursday. I expected to have my ecu back by now. I contacted Fedex to see if Hondata had shipped the ecu, and found out that they printed a label yesterday, but had not mailed it. I called and spoke with Sandra, and she explained that, SURPRISE, they had not recieved payment from Hybrid Racing. So now I am looking at getting my ecu back Monday at the earliest. I need to drive my car. Luckily I am on Christmas break from school, so I can sit at home bored all day, and not miss work/class, but aside from getting really sick of that, I am going to have to start hiring cabs to run errands. This is super frustrating. Anyone out there looking to do a plain reflash beware of ordering through corsport. Its tough enough having to deal with Hondata through a middleman, it is even harder going through Corsports' middleman too.

Hopefully i can get this thing back, and have my car working again soon. I wish I had just gotten a flashpro.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Good luck man, it took Corsport over a month to get me my P2R TBS I had ordered from them. The most help I got was them saying it was P2R's fault.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good luck man, it took Corsport over a month to get me my P2R TBS I had ordered from them. The most help I got was them saying it was P2R's fault.
Corsport sells items they do not have in stock...without telling you. I have had this issue in the past with them.

They have such a good reputation on 8thcivic for some reason...who knows why.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Corsport sells items they do not have in stock...without telling you. I have had this issue in the past with them.

They have such a good reputation on 8thcivic for some reason...who knows why.
Well that makes me feel good considering I just placed an order this morning lol!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I have had an issue... I ordered flash pro took them 9 days to send it. They emailed out tracking numbers and listed the items as fully shipped on the invoice when the USPS had not received the flashpro yet, only electronic shipping info. To me it was just a
Iike. They were doing damage control hell there was even a guy asking when his would ship and he ordered his two weeks before me..... I for one am not ordering from them again....

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've never had an issue with corsport, but i've only bought a couple things from them ever.

They are under no obligation to tell you if an item is in stock or not, you should call and see if what you want is on the shelf...

·
Registered
93 Posts
i was thinking of reflash my si during winter break but i decide i go with flashpro now since it got the reflash in there. i was going to order my reflash throught procivic because of the troble someone have with corsport..... my wife gonna order me flashpro for christmas present....

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I went through corsport when I got my reflash and had no problem

·
Registered
725 Posts
Same here - no problems with Corsport. I have purchased a lot of items through them and have been in their shop numerous times. All good here.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Yup people have different experiences... Non authorized dealer huh oh well... I still feel I am granted great service regardless of whether or not an item is on the shelf or not. Some freaking straight up honesty goes a long way.. It's called customer service and they don't have it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate everyone's comments.

soooo... they got me my ecu back. It took a lot of calling and calling back to make sure it was all done right. The reflash works great. I love it. It drives like a manual tranny should now. As for Corsport and their vendor Hybrid Racing... not impressed. Once I got Hondata involved, things began to happen. Corsport and Hybrid racing tried to blame everything on Hondata. Tai (corsport) told me "Hondata just sucks, straight up". I don't know. This is my first time dealing with any of these companies. I've never done customer service, but imo, Trashing the other party only made them look worse. Even if Hondata does suck, and I dont think they do, it didn't help to tell the me about it. They would have come off way better by taking the blame, and assuring me they were doing everything possible to fix it. Ahhh. I'm just glad to have to car back. I wouldnt recommend Corsport, at least not for Hondata stuff. I am going to be using Procivic in the future.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same here, Corsport really disappointed my last 2 ordered items and took more than a month or so still haven't received all the orders.
Tai always had an excused that the products already shipped but never dares to give the tracking numbers, totally biased!

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Same here, Corsport really disappointed my last 2 ordered items and took more than a month or so still haven't received all the orders.
Tai always had an excused that the products already shipped but never dares to give the tracking numbers, totally biased!
Yup I got the same thing and when we did get those tracking numbers mine didn't actually get shipped for 5 more days. It was just a bandaid to cover up their short comings and a crappy deceitful one at that.

Reactions: TuanB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered my Flashpro and a Throttle Body Spacer from Corsport two days ago... wish i'd seen this thread earler! Hopefully things will go smoothly...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts