9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The below was taken from the Hondata forums.

"Reflash with CAI

It is my understanding the stock 2012 Si is very adaptive, meaning it easily rejects bolt-on mods and continually makes corrections returning any benefit one might get from a properly designed Air Intake back to stock configurations.

Will this be the case with the reflash? Am I more likely to benefit from a properly designed CAI with the reflash than without? Is the reflashed ECU less likely to reject these minor mods?

(I am aware this reflash was done on a stock motor... although you mention this "should work well with a properly designed intake and exhaust)

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks"

Spunkster
Post subject: Re: 2012 Si Reflash questions
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:04 pm
Site Admin

The changes made to the reflash only affect full throttle operation. You will not see any gains made with the reflash and bolt ons disappear over time.

So there is no difference in performance unless you have it slammed to the floor? I was about to go for the reflash to combine with my spacer and SRI which can both possibly add a little "pep" to every day driving. But if I have to have it at WOT to get the minimal increases people are receiving with their personal dynos, which is around 2hp and a few tq then its not worth it. I already have the update from Honda so rev-hang honestly doesn't bother me anymore, throttle response is also almost instant now with my current upgrades. I enjoy a spirited run up the on-ramp, but WOT is something rare for me in every day driving.

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats some good information.. i was considering the reflash mainly to take care of the rev hang but know that there is an update from honda, ill just stick with that route... kinda sucks about bolts ons disappear over time. maybe some monthly battery disconnects can fix this??

·
Registered
75 Posts
why shouldn't you expect any gains at part throttle? i understand it might not be as big as a WOT gain, but i would assume that any boost in power should affect all rev ranges, not just WOT, i believe this is an absolutely valid point he brought up

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i dont understand what kind of gains were you expecting at part throttle from a factory motor? The reflash will take care of the driveability as far as the electronic throttle response and rev hang.
Throttle response is fantastic with just an intake, rev-hang is fine after the free Honda update. So if all the reflash has going for it is a couple hp at full throttle then I'm not seeing the value."Granted I don't even want the higher rev limiter." When I do a performance upgrade I expect it to work all the time, if even to a lesser extent. I realize wot is where the most gains are, but to have to be at wot for it to be giving you anything at all, kinda stinks.

Basically I was just hoping that the timings were adjusted all over and not just at wot, so I'm disappointed I guess. Also if it was adjusted all over, then the computer wouldn't still be adjusting to mods I think, which would be fantastic. The reflash just seems a little rushed, it feels like it could have so much more for $300, but I'm not hating and I'm not any kind of expert on anything. I'll continue waiting for Flashpro and I'm still a Hondata fan.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Read the rev hang issue cured thread that's been detailing all those details for a bit now...good info in there...odds r your dealer hasn't updated his yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts