9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has relocated their front license plate(ex. to the side). If so, can you post pics of how it came out and how exactly you guys did it...im thinking of doing it tomorrow, but i would like some input from those who have attempted it already. I'd rather not drill a hole in the bumper if i don't have to.
Please and thank you =)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I relocated it to the inside of my trunk :p all jokes aside, for the civic it's pretty hard to relocate it without modifying your bumper (drilling a hole). Usually several cars come with a precut small tow bolt on the passenger side and used that as a mounting bracket. Rho-plate

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
two L brackets, n two holes in the bumper =( not so happy about the holes but no one can even see them if I end up moving the plate again, But I like the look of it alot so worth =)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
225 Posts
I want to move mine over but the dealership drilled the plate bracket into my bumper..i was so pissed like what were they thinking when they did that..idiots! anyways it looks good

·
Registered
9 Posts
I relocated mine, had to drill a hole but I don't plan on moving it anywhere else at this point, so I don't really care. Thoughts?
Civic_Si_Front.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
ill post my pic up later, i moved it to the side by flipping it upside down and using zip ties, this is on my 4 door

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice relocations guy but please explain something to me..whats the point of moving the plate if it still sticks out like a sore thumb? I would get it if you are running an intercooler and want to increase airflow but otherwhise whats the point seeing as the look comes from cars running a tubo and FMIC.. Not trying to flame just curious:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
personally there really isn't any point lol, just really like the look of it, guess just depends on the person

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
i think it's a JDM thing. personally I'd just remove the whole thing instead of shifting it to the side, but it's illegal over here in Cali.

·
Registered
185 Posts
it is a jdm thing but jdm side plates are for a reason usually maximizing airflow for an intercooler....to each his own though looks good guys.

·
Registered
83 Posts
two L brackets, n two holes in the bumper =( not so happy about the holes but no one can even see them if I end up moving the plate again, But I like the look of it alot so worth =)

I was wondering, would you be able to take a few pics of what the mod exactly looks like up close?? Im really interested in doing exactly what you did, but I'd like an idea before I start going at it. Also my dealership drilled a hole for it too right in the front...what can I do to fill the hole so it doesnt look so bad?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I relocated mine, had to drill a hole but I don't plan on moving it anywhere else at this point, so I don't really care. Thoughts?
View attachment 3868

I like the look of this one a lot..except for the terribly ugly NY plates that we have to deal with

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was wondering, would you be able to take a few pics of what the mod exactly looks like up close?? Im really interested in doing exactly what you did, but I'd like an idea before I start going at it. Also my dealership drilled a hole for it too right in the front...what can I do to fill the hole so it doesnt look so bad?
Here ya go, I drilled two holes under, then installed two L brackets, the brackets also have slots so I can move the plate back n fourth to my liking...
Let me know if it helped

Attachments

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
mine is in the trunk..... thats where it was when i got my car lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol that's awesome