9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evrytime i start the car remotely i cant open the doors using the cars keyfob and the remote starter keyfob. i have to open the dors manually with the use of the key itself. but once i turn off the car the cars keyfob works again.
is it something to do with RFID cause that was what the mechanic said??? he said he cant do anything about it cause it might destroy the module or something ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a polar start remote starter for this winter. i haad it installed and after it was done the auto start works but took away all the cars door/unlock door functions out when i auto start the car.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
99% of the time when you use an autostart on a car the civic, the keyfob will be disabled for safety reason, its normal. Anyone can verify this by plugging in their key and turning on the car and try to use their keyfob while its in the ignition. The keyfob thinks the car is on so it will not work to prevent people from accidentally hitting it while driving ie unlock doors, trunk etc.

Its no different for me on my autostart, the simplest work around is using your alarm fob to unlock everything which is why I got the Compustar 2way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMG_20121026_191145.jpg mine is 2 way lcd too but without the alarm. what do you think guys?
thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no it doesnt work. it sucks and the one who installed said he cant do anything about it so i have to open the door first before pressing the remote start so i can get in. or put the key in the cars keyhole to open it(manually).

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Looks like only thing you can do it either manually or get another alarm... if you paid the installer, you should be able to go back and tell him that the features are not installed which includes the unlock and lock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts