9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda hate the look of the decklid spoiler on the Hybrid 2013. Also hate the wheels that I want to switch out with larger 16" OEM Honda Civic 2013 EX-L wheels (Hybrid wheels are only 15"), but I'm wondering if removing the spoiler and changing the wheels will affect mpg a lot?

Also if I remove spoiler, will there be drill holes on my trunk lid? If so, then I guess there's no way to take off the spoiler to achieve the cleaner look of the normal gasoline Civics huh?

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
First thing is, remove 1 wheel off your car, put it on a scale, post the weight, then I can tell u if it's gonna improve or hurt your mpg

Rear spoiler, you can swap to a 2012 hybrid spoiler, should able to cover the existing holes, but without seeing your stock one off the trunk, can't tell you for sure, remove the spoiler and take a photo, I can tell u then

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the point of removing the spoiler for me is that I don't want a spoiler at all. So using the 2012 spoiler still doesn't achieve the no-spoiler look of the normal gasoline 2013 civics. Maybe they have built in spoilers, but they don't look like something was tacked on :/

I was wondering about aerodynamics too. The hybrid wheels have tiny holes...the wheel is almost completely flat, whereas the EX-L OEM wheels have tons of open ports/vents. Plus they are 1" bigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts