9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a honda civic lx with hubcaps and was wondering if i should just buy 15 inch rims and use the same tires?? Anyone have any pics of how it would look??

·
Registered
716 Posts
not sure what pics you are looking for.... are you thinking about any rims in particular? As long as the rims you get are the same diameter and width as the stock wheels why not use the same tires.

I guess I dont understand why you would upgrade to new wheels and not increase the size. The stock steelies are miniature, I would go up to at least a 17".

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
18's for sedans
17's for coupes IMO

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Here you go

Personally, considering they're priced almost the same as the bigger wheels, I'd buy the bigger wheels, and live with the added expense of new tires. Discount Tire Direct (one of the site sponsors) has great deals. It would look better, AND not be TOO much more $.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i didnt want to have to buy new tires right now so i just wanted to get rims to work with the stock tires. but im thinking it wouldnt look good

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
They really don't look anything special, especially for 200+ a wheel. How about, buy the wheels you WANT, and then wait till you can buy the tires. That way, you get the best of both worlds (tires and a nice wheel). Otherwise, I'd stick with the wheel covers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They really don't look anything special, especially for 200+ a wheel. How about, buy the wheels you WANT, and then wait till you can buy the tires. That way, you get the best of both worlds (tires and a nice wheel). Otherwise, I'd stick with the wheel covers.
Agree just wait and do it right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts