9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I searched a lot but could not find anything exactly matching. Is it possible to replace manual climate control with auto climate control in my Civic sedan 2012 Ex model?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
sure it's possible. the same car had both options, so yeah, it can be done. question is why? lots of money, tons of time, chances of screwing something else up or damaging other parts just so you don't have to turn a knob every now and then? risk is far greater than the reward in this particular case, in my opinion.

but, yes, it can be done.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Candian Si's had this auto feature as well. It doesn't work just swapping the units. Normal controls don't function either. All that works is the lights for the face. There is a thread about it somewhere on here as I've been looking myself. It's not worth it though. Your best bet would be get the car from a market it came in if you must have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the Civic 5 Door requires aircon chemical wash? Ive had my house A/C units one need them from time to time (due to some weird issue with my environment), and so am wondering if i should get this service for my civic too. Or is this problem solely for bigger A/C units? Any tips will be appreciated, cheers!

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
285 Posts
Does anyone know if the Civic 5 Door requires aircon chemical wash? Ive had my house A/C units one need them from time to time (due to some weird issue with my environment), and so am wondering if i should get this service for my civic too. Or is this problem solely for bigger A/C units? Any tips will be appreciated, cheers!
Seems like another ad?

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
285 Posts
Was just looking to see if anyone had ideas... :( But its fine
Whoops! Maybe not an ad. 😂 Sorry bout that. Welcome to the forum!

Are you having issues with the AC in your car? A filter change and occasional recharge is all I've ever needed to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts