9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Honda's have screws on rotos. I have had many tell me many different things. I am gnna try to find a impact screwdriver. Whitch head should i go buy. I know it not just a Phillips head. Thank you for help.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I know that Honda's have screws on rotos. I have had many tell me many different things. I am gnna try to find a impact screwdriver. Whitch head should i go buy. I know it not just a Phillips head. Thank you for help.
I didn't know they used a special bit, I just used a phillips I had lying around, make sure it fits in there pretty snug or you will have issues.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Can confirm its a normal bit, but can't remember which number. Impact driver is a must depending on age of car/salt belt. I ordered extra screws off Amazon in case I had to drill one out.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
#3 Phillip's will work with an impact driver, it the bit is new.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-3-8-in-Philips-Drive-Bit-Socket-H3DPBS3/205400502
or
#2 JIS
JIS vs Phillips screwdrivers and Where to buy a JIS screwdriver. | Helping you work smarter not harder

Can confirm its a normal bit, but can't remember which number. Impact driver is a must depending on age of car/salt belt. I ordered extra screws off Amazon in case I had to drill one out.
Not a bad idea to have extra screws.
The screw is really not needed, just there to keep the rotor fixed to the hub for manufacturing. That's why there is only one screw.

ALSO:
Make sure to clean off any rust on the hub flange.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank u so much. Well i am overkill probably will put a new screw in with anti cease just in case. I love forums hiw everyone helps out.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Im telling you, this is what you want. Impact screwdriver that fits ALL honda rotor screws like a glove. Smack the handle end with a hammer and it twists for you. Only like 20 bucks on amazon
Nice!
It fits 'cause it is a JI standard tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I purchased that JIS Impact Driver and it's still a PITA to get them out sometimes. The best thing I've found is using a screw extractor and simply replacing the screws after or just leaving them off entirely. Takes 2-3 minutes per wheel. I used a the Ontel Speed Out Cobalt Extractor (4-Piece) from Home Depot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im telling you, this is what you want. Impact screwdriver that fits ALL honda rotor screws like a glove. Smack the handle end with a hammer and it twists for you. Only like 20 bucks on amazon
Nice!
It fits 'cause it is a JI standard tool.
Yeah its definitely a time saver at work. There are kits from of course snap on and i wanna say lisle maybe? Obviously more pricey but they come with changeable bits for all makes and models

1 - 10 of 10 Posts