9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have swapped my stock low beams (9006/HB4) for Intense White PIAA 9006 bulbs but I get flashed all the time. I put my stock bulbs back in and I still get flashed all the time. When I drive my wife's car, I notice that the beam of light does not rise above the trunk of the car in front of me. When I drive my Civic, I notice that the beam of light illuminates the entire cabin of the person in front of me. It is safe to say that my lights need to be adjusted to shine the light at a lower angle because it appears that currently, my lights are pointed up too high.

I looked at the owner's manual and it says I need to have the dealership adjust my headlights. Anything they can do, we can do. So I am putting this request out there to see if anyone knows how to adjust our headlights and can share a quick DIY write-up to help those of us with this problem.

I have not yet tried to figure it out, honestly, due to time constraints... but I might get to doing so this weekend, unless someone already knows and can share the knowledge.

I would hate to sell my PIAA bulbs. They are pretty nice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same bulbs installed. Have had no issues with the lighting. I did have issue installing them because of how tight the area is. I noticed there was difference to one of the lights because one on the bulb was not in correctly. Went in and clicked in the right spot. Now they look great. Your issue may be that they all not installed correctly.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can assure you that they are installed correctly. I have removed them and reinstalled several times and have been very careful about fitting them back in properly. That is not the problem. The headlights need adjustment.

It is possible that during my fog lights installation, when removing and reinstalling the front bumper and grille, perhaps the headlights were shifted from their original position even slightly.

Even if my headlights did not need to be adjusted, someone should still post a writeup on how to adjust them for future use of myself and others.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Get a phillips head screw driver, there should be something that u can screw to lower the lights. I had the same problems when i installed my hid's.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that was going to be the way to do it. I just honestly haven't looked for the adjustment screw.

I jumped the gun and came on here and started this thread before I tried to find the solution myself. If I get to taking care of this isuue tonight. I will do a quick little DIY writeup and post a picture or two for the others who might find this useful.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I adjusted the lighting so you can see in the hole better. It's right in the middle, you can see the gear. It used to be harder to access on the older generation, but now it's literally an inch below the surface of that hole.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I adjusted the lighting so you can see in the hole better. It's right in the middle, you can see the gear. It used to be harder to access on the older generation, but now it's literally an inch below the surface of that hole.

Wow you just saved my butt a lot of work. I thought i was gonna have to remove the battery or something just like when i had to put the hid in. Thanks a lot. Only question is, my right hid fog has been having probe(flickering) so i unplugged everything and plugged it back in, question though, now the fog is aimed up literally at the same level as my heads, how do we adjust the fogs?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wait looking at the pic again, do u put the screwdriver right through that hole or do u still gotta go through the back of the headlight? :(

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I don't believe you can aim the fogs, did you secure them properly when you put them back in? Maybe check the screws that they're tightened. The fog housing has those two screws on the front and on the inside a bunch of clips that clip onto the inside of the bumper. Maybe some aren't clipped in all the way?

Also for the headlights, just put the screw driver in that hole with the gear, and turn the screw driver. The contact between the gear edge and the Phillips screw driver teeth will adjust the aiming of the headlight.

Hopefully this helps!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just walked to my car to try and adjust them and found out that a screwdriver/phillips head doesn't work well. Just so it is clear its better to have a socket wrench to adjust the headlights. Just by eye balling, it seems like you need a 10mm socket.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I just walked to my car to try and adjust them and found out that a screwdriver/phillips head doesn't work well. Just so it is clear its better to have a socket wrench to adjust the headlights. Just by eye balling, it seems like you need a 10mm socket.
As long as the screw driver is fit into the wedge it turns well. Are you trying to use the socket wrench around the back? There's not so much space to accommodate all that movement is three?

·
Registered
250 Posts
As long as the screw driver is fit into the wedge it turns well. Are you trying to use the socket wrench around the back? There's not so much space to accommodate all that movement is three?

Yeah you can turn it, but it is a super slow process. Rather just crank a few turns with the socket wrench and be done with it. There is space to do it with a socket wrench. Just don't have a long extension on it.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
717 Posts
its pretty easy. I just went against a wall at night and pull out my small flat head screw driver and just clicking the gears away untill i get to where i wanted the height at.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I don't believe you can aim the fogs, did you secure them properly when you put them back in? Maybe check the screws that they're tightened. The fog housing has those two screws on the front and on the inside a bunch of clips that clip onto the inside of the bumper. Maybe some aren't clipped in all the way?

Also for the headlights, just put the screw driver in that hole with the gear, and turn the screw driver. The contact between the gear edge and the Phillips screw driver teeth will adjust the aiming of the headlight.

Hopefully this helps!
you CAN aim the fogs. Take them out and you will see a spring loaded screw :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
10mm it is indeed :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just got my nokyas yesterday. Installed the fogs and highs. Didn't have enough time for the lows. But my right side of my high beams is not center and my left one is fine. Same with daytime lights since its the same bulb. I'm going to check today when I put my lows in to see if I can fix that.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Dam I cant wait till i get my hids and fogs lol
yeh if you want mine, i have 5000k lows and 5000k fogs. I'm thinking of swapping DRL's to 3000K, lows to 2500K and fogs to 2500K! thats way its allllll yellow :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts