9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just got my nokyas yesterday. Installed the fogs and highs. Didn't have enough time for the lows. But my right side of my high beams is not center and my left one is fine. Same with daytime lights since its the same bulb. I'm going to check today when I put my lows in to see if I can fix that.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Ha ended up being that one of the three tabs were sticking out on my highs. Still was a b**** though. Had to connect the plug first then put the bulb in.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wait looking at the pic again, do u put the screwdriver right through that hole or do u still gotta go through the back of the headlight? :(
if you get a stub philips you should be fine! thank you for posting that pic though i need to move mine a bit up my distance is terrible! I don't even light up license plates on half the cars behind me! if it is still too tight though remove the battery clamp and push it a bit out of the way! dont disconnect they battery thats how i did it! I installed my HID's without removing the bumper or disconnecting the battery!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I figured that was going to be the way to do it. I just honestly haven't looked for the adjustment screw.

I jumped the gun and came on here and started this thread before I tried to find the solution myself. If I get to taking care of this isuue tonight. I will do a quick little DIY writeup and post a picture or two for the others who might find this useful.
Do I understand correctly that you started a thread, have people like me reading it and readying to help you, but you haven't looked for an adjustment screw yet? Really Enemy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
its the 10mm bolt, I would suggest against using a screwdriver... a 10mm socket worked fine for me... i think a swivel socket would work the best, but not required... hope this helps... :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah you can turn it, but it is a super slow process. Rather just crank a few turns with the socket wrench and be done with it. There is space to do it with a socket wrench. Just don't have a long extension on it.

Sent from my Desire HD
Yeah a phillips screwdriver definitely does work, but I had to flash a light down there to make sure it was actually turning the gear. It felt like it wasn't grabbing fully and possibly stripping the teeth away, but it was fine.

My problem is that it appears my passenger side is aiming more to the left, but there is only adjustment for the vertical aim as it appears. I'll probably try to re-seat the bulb tonight, but I did make sure to lock it in place when I installed them the other night.

It's weird how just replacing the bulb complete ruins the alignment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I changed my low beams to LED headlight unit from xenon depot and also needed to align my bulbs.

Quick question, IS there a way to move the horizontal (left and right) alignment on the 9th gen civic? If so can someone please show pic where.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You really have no need to adjust the headlamps horizontally, your glare is coming from misplaced bulb intensity for the reflector housing.

I know the bulbs can be adjusted horizontally, but I doubt there is any picture of where the adjustment gears are as they would undoubtedly be located on the back/bottom of the housing unlike the vertical adjustment located (and designed to be adjustable on NA cars) on the top of the housing with convenient labeling.

Edit: If one or both of your bulbs appear to be somewhat off center, check to be sure all of the locking tabs are secured in the housing, its rather easy for one of them to not fall correctly into place, causing the bulb to sit askew in the headlamp assembly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For what its worth, I adjusted my driver's side vertical aim today. Used a long philips screwdriver. Turning COUNTER-clockwise will aim the light UP. Turning clockwise will aim the light down....

·
Registered
13 Posts
How can i tell i'm getting actual adjustment out of my headlights? While performing the adjustment using the screwdriver method, the bolt seems to be turning either direction with little resistance being applied. With my judgement, i see no difference in beam height, is my adjuster malfunctioning and done?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can level the headlights up or down.
I tried putting the link but the forum won't let me. Go to YouTube and type "2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe fog light removal". It's a blue coupe.

I installed Morimoto XB LED fog lights on my 2014 Si coupe. They're awesome but I'm having a hard time leveling the driver side fog. I found the screw with the spring on the fog assembly but doesn't work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Weird, I removed my stock bulbs to put HID’s in but they didn’t fit. Once I put my stock bulbs back in people are always flashing me thinking my highbeams are on. I’ve tried adjusting them and it’s made no difference. I’m about to put in a set of sylvainia zevos and see if I can adjust them a bit. Really annoys me when people flash me and my highs aren’t on.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts