9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a better sound then I accelerate but dont have the funds for a takeda exhaust. I read about deleting the resonator but every thread I have read with links are dead. Is this even a good idea on a Lx? Should I just save for the takeda exhaust? What a low rumble not something loud like a bag of rice

·
Registered
25 Posts
Resist the itch. IMO I have learned to wait for the nicer things and it ends up giving more satisfaction. That being said. I plan to get a axle back and have a shop remove the resonator and install the axle back while their at it. I will not make a move until i have the kit in the box in my hands. Planning and patience will pay off.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,337 Posts
Folks here have reported that the res delete on an R18 does nothing, and maybe hurts performance a bit.

I would, and did, go a different route. K&N drop-in (which I always do), and an inexpensive axleback. I got a little more sound, and a little more performance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Folks here have reported that the res delete on an R18 does nothing, and maybe hurts performance a bit.

I would, and did, go a different route. K&N drop-in (which I always do), and an inexpensive axleback. I got a little more sound, and a little more performance.
good call. which axle back did you use?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,337 Posts
I just did an ebay search for it, but there are none available right now.

Why ebay doesn't allow searches by seller I don't know. That would make this so much easier. Let me see if I can find my old auction link.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,337 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
An axel back won't do anything but make rice noises the only way you will see a increase of you put a header down pipe then throw a axel back in you gotta start from we're the exahust comes from

I didn't think he was asking about performance but yeah...axle back isn't going to give you much other than a noise change. Same goes for the resonator alone.

The sound will all come down to personal taste. Some call everything 'rice' some like what they hear.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,337 Posts
Yes, real performance gains require more than an axleback. The OP wants a little more sound. If that's rice to you, then so be it. To each their own.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
An axel back won't do anything but make rice noises the only way you will see a increase of you put a header down pipe then throw a axel back in you gotta start from we're the exahust comes from

It hardly sounds like rice with just an axle back.
Unless I've been doing something wrong, I've modified every part of my exhaust and only seen decreases.
I'm sure with a tuner, that'll be different though ;).

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
We need flash-pro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,337 Posts
Without a real tune, anything but very modest changes will bring negative results - at least that's what I've been reading lots of here.

Personally, I think I have been using a very good combination of mild intake and exhaust mods to increase performance, even if just a bit. But I've been using combos such as this for years on a number of cars.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Without a real tune, anything but very modest changes will bring negative results - at least that's what I've been reading lots of here.

Personally, I think I have been using a very good combination of mild intake and exhaust mods to increase performance, even if just a bit. But I've been using combos such as this for years on a number of cars.
I totally agree Scotty thats why Iv gone with the 8th gen SI OEM axle back and Takeda intake.Any more and the Air fuel mixture wont adjust to a reasonable level.My 8th gen EX had a K&N SRI and vibrant catback before the Vit tune it was running a 15.5 AFM and after the tune a 12.8 and added about 15 HP edyno is at the crank not wheels

4e0c076b_0_4e0c076be0cb08.png

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,337 Posts
wow, thanks for the compliment, leo.

ive used k&n dropins for years on many cars and bikes and always have had good results.

the issue ive had with gas mileage, though, is that because the car runs smoother its hard for me to keep my foot out of it. but if you can manage some restraint your mileage should be the same or better, at least it has in my experience. plus its inexpensive, plus you dont need to pay for air filters anymore, plus you dont need a tune.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Try intake resonator delete, P2R TBS and axleback at the same time then the gain will be enough to noticeable. 2.5hp from TBS, 3hp from axleback and 2-3hp from resonator delete. 7-8hp is very good for r18!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
503 Posts
That set up would work rob I love my setup lol
Just for now I already raced a accord and killed him by about 4 car lengths and i had to slow up for a light around 80. I can't wait till flash pro ether like everyone else. I am done doing anything really until it comes out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts