9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm offering a service of retrofitting 12 and 13 Civic's headlights. This post is made to show off the ones I've worked on, ranging from basic retrofits to decorated ones. Every wire is soldered properly where it should be and every amp is calculated so it does not blow any fuses; if it comes to that, i simply switch over to a relay system, but since most of these halos consume very little amperage, I haven't resulted to this yet(except on my own car cause i wanted a switch to turn on the halos).
PM me or post in this thread if you're interested in my service or just want advice, I'm happy to help with either.

ON my own car:
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/101417-2012-civic-custom-retrofit-build.html

13' Sedan Si (Just projectors)

13 Civic Coupe (Projectors + Halos)

13 Civic Si Coupe (Projects for both Low Beam and High Beam + Halos + Blacked Out)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pretty sweet! I'm so surprised they haven't thrown projectors on the Si's yet. It's such a great little feature. Nice work again!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sweet! I'm so surprised they haven't thrown projectors on the Si's yet. It's such a great little feature. Nice work again!

Thank you! Everyone seems to be surprised, I am as well. Not so sure on why they haven't done so, maybe because of cost? Even the newest Corolla has it! xD

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wai will spend a lot of time on your car and pay close attention to detail! Highly recommended if you're in the Bay Area!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wai will spend a lot of time on your car and pay close attention to detail! Highly recommended if you're in the Bay Area!!!
thanks for the support!

·
Registered
141 Posts
nice work! it looks clean. what types of projectors are being used in these set ups? do you have access to oem projectors too?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I imagine I would have to cover the shipping fees...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice work! it looks clean. what types of projectors are being used in these set ups? do you have access to oem projectors too?
Thank you! The first car is using Morimoto H1 Mini 6.0+ priced at $120.
The other two cars are using a generic Projector which can be also be found by searching morimoto h1 mini on ebay priced at $75. Not much difference between these two besides price and the fact that the generic projector package doesn't come with screws for the shroud(not a big deal).
I do not have access to OEM Projectors.

I imagine I would have to cover the shipping fees...
yes! If you wanted me to work on your projectors, unfortunately, shipping fee is an issue if you're not local.

Wish I lived in the Bay Area. Would have had my car dropped and projectors done by this fine man.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
hahaha! I appreciate the thought.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Wai, you should also do projector fogs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dammit... I love the look of the dual projector black out with halos >.< I had pchopped what they would look like on my '13 cbp coupe and loved it. Have not worked up the courage to attempt it myself yet though. Wish I wasn't on the opposite coast :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wai, you should also do projector fogs.
it'd kind of defeat the purpose of a fog light, don't you think?
Fog lights expand the width of your vision, projectors would concentrate that light rather than dispersing it.

Dammit... I love the look of the dual projector black out with halos >.< I had pchopped what they would look like on my '13 cbp coupe and loved it. Have not worked up the courage to attempt it myself yet though. Wish I wasn't on the opposite coast :(
Just throwing this out there if you're interested, I will work on the headlight if you ship it over, IF. The removing of the headlight, and wiring the halos + high beam solenoid would be done by you though and I can give you a write up on how it's done. You would also have to pay for shipping, but the price on labor would be a lot cheaper since I wont be wiring it nor taking off the headlights. Just throwing it out there if you're interested.

^^I have a spare set of headlights I'll sell you if you want to try on those! :)
I'm interested, how much?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
it'd kind of defeat the purpose of a fog light, don't you think?
Fog lights expand the width of your vision, projectors would concentrate that light rather than dispersing it.
It does as it is an overkill but it looks good during the day...hahahaha...lol.

Wai, you should also get some night shots as well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've been doing my research and honestly if I can get some free time I would not mind trying to do this, as if I mess up I'll just install the OEM projectors I have sitting in the garage. As stated though the dual projectors with blacked out backing would look too damn sweet on a cbp coupe. I may hit you up for some advice one of these days. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It does as it is an overkill but it looks good during the day...hahahaha...lol.

Wai, you should also get some night shots as well.
WIll do!! When i'm finished with my headlight, i'll post them up as well.

I've been doing my research and honestly if I can get some free time I would not mind trying to do this, as if I mess up I'll just install the OEM projectors I have sitting in the garage. As stated though the dual projectors with blacked out backing would look too damn sweet on a cbp coupe. I may hit you up for some advice one of these days. :)
Hit me up for me to work on it, for help, or just to talk! :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wonder in the mini morimotos will fit the high beam socket without major modification just like the low beam. I agree those blacked out dual projector headlights would look sweet on a cbp coupe.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wonder in the mini morimotos will fit the high beam socket without major modification just like the low beam. I agree those blacked out dual projector headlights would look sweet on a cbp coupe.
Yep, it'll fit with no problems, but you will need to modify the back side of the bulb mount, simply by shaving it with a dremmel or a sander.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts