9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea pop into my head while working (sitting in front of the ridiculously overpriced Type R we have) and was wondering. Has anyone tried retrofitting the Type R OEM bucket seats to our cars? And Am I the only one curious if this can be done? :eek3dancesmiley: Like Im talking utilizing the stock SRS and Passenger Weight sensor and everything. Clever Idea or a waste of thinking space? Lmk.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Would anyone even want to attempt to retrofit Takata bags into something they sit on? I would only recommend this if you have life insurance and want your family to be financially set. Yet, it's still not worth loosing your life over it lol. Maybe a wiring schematic for both seats to ensure the plug(s) are properly compatible is the best option w/ the obvious seat bracket swap.

Reactions: MeeSh

·
Registered
643 Posts
This is actually a great idea and now I want to go to the dealership to get a quote for Type R seats. If you do wanna go that route make sure to take a buddy who works at a body shop to purchase these as they get a DRAMATIC shop discount!

·
Registered
989 Posts
The Type R seats are aftermarkets with custom stitching and a custom bracket welded to the bottom of them to fit the Civic X. I'm pretty sure if you found out what company makes the bracket, you could find an adapter to the 9th gen bracket. The seats aren't Honda brand, I think they are recaro.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would anyone even want to attempt to retrofit Takata bags into something they sit on? I would only recommend this if you have life insurance and want your family to be financially set. Yet, it's still not worth loosing your life over it lol. Maybe a wiring schematic for both seats to ensure the plug(s) are properly compatible is the best option w/ the obvious seat bracket swap.
I just hate seeing lights on my dash. I am an OEM Plus type of builder. That's why I am so intrigued on the Type R Seats.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Type R seats are aftermarkets with custom stitching and a custom bracket welded to the bottom of them to fit the Civic X. I'm pretty sure if you found out what company makes the bracket, you could find an adapter to the 9th gen bracket. The seats aren't Honda brand, I think they are recaro.
I ended up finding out that the Civic X Type R seat bracket is like 600 bucks. Yikes... and the passenger side airbag is vin specific. Which is a bummer. So now I am going to try and experiment with stock Si 9th brackets and try and retrofit the foam pieces and fabric (400 bucks total). Maybe that's a possible route? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already made a thread on this. Type R seats are VIN specific. Not worth swapping without extensive modification.

·
Registered
3 Posts
last time I was in my Honda dealership I asked about this and theyre about $3800 a seat, the guy told me to just wait till someone makes a knock off and thatll be way more worth the money... they do look great though

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,538 Posts
I already made a thread on this. Type R seats are VIN specific. Not worth swapping without extensive modification.
Yes, and threads merged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts