9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
That's a judgment call. People will have different opinions. I would guess that most would say that anything larger will look better. Personally, I think 16s are minimum for good looks. What do you have on there now?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Get 18s

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
If its an si the smallest you can go is 16 inch unless u want ur speedo to be whack

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Going to a fifteen wouldn't necessary give the speedo an incorrect reading. As long as you buy the correct size tire, it'll be fine.

Regardless, you'd be fine putting 15s on. However, it'll most likely look a lot better putting on at least 17s. I understand that you probably wanna use your old tires, makes sense. But just make sure that you aren't gonna change you mind afterwards and want bigger rims.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to a fifteen wouldn't necessary give the speedo an incorrect reading. As long as you buy the correct size tire, it'll be fine.

Regardless, you'd be fine putting 15s on. However, it'll most likely look a lot better putting on at least 17s. I understand that you probably wanna use your old tires, makes sense. But just make sure that you aren't gonna change you mind afterwards and want bigger rims.

I wanna see how a 15 or 16 looks on the car but cant seem to find a good pic of it lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
you can't find how a 15 or 16 looks cause not a lot of people do it, and for a good reason. Doesn't look good. Go big bro. 18s. You won't regret it

·
Registered
238 Posts
at least 18s for looks :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Get 18s, you won't regret it! They fill the wheel gap pretty well, and I think 18s look best IMO.
Here's my LX on 18s
ImageUploadedByAG Free1374881470.538751.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1374881487.332813.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check out tirerack.com ...you can select different rims and see what they will look like on your car. I found 17s to be a rougher ride when I had the on my other civic. I had low profile tires so I'm sure that makes a big difference. I have 15s on my LX now also and I don't think it looks that bad. Of course when I do get new wheels, I think I'm gonna go with 16s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts