9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi so i have no idea where to start on this topic but i'm thinking a bronze color and size 17" maybe? i'm open to all suggestions. any knowledge is helpful. thanks :)
IMG_1558.jpg

·
Hola
3,746 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Black, gunmetal,bronze I think best fits your car but I say gunmetal and size 17 would be perfect IMO
I never go higher than 17's on my car

FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
And throw in some pink lug nuts;) lol

FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO i think white would be too flashy, how about gold? and gunmetal sounds interesting, i'd have to see it. any brands you guys suggest and where to buy? thanks for you input btw.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This is gunmetal

FB2 squad #17

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
any brands you guys suggest and where to buy?
Some of my favorite wheel brands are Enkei, Tenzo, and Motegi. I've never actually owned any aftermarket wheels, but I intend to buy a set on Tenzos in the near future. As for where to buy them, id suggest looking around online. Tire rack always had great reviews, and its easy to to order everything you'll need from them, including TPMS sensors. Wheelfire is another good site. Free mounting, balancing, and shipping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should you lower your car if you have rims? so that there isn't an ugly gap...... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I would
Gives the car a better look

FB2 squad #17

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Lowering your car always looks better but you don't really need to if you don't want to as for brands it depends on your budget...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would lower it but i heard lowering springs aren't the way to go.. coil overs are the right way to lower a car?

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Yea coilovers are a better way... Unless you go all out of a spring strut combo... Coils are expensive too for a good set.. I'm on springs right now but when I put it away for winter I'm doing coils...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what kind do you have? and if i plan on buying rims and lowering my car should i do them at the same time?

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
I have the 8th gen eibach on my si but if you have a non si car eibach has the pro kit out for the 9th gen and the pro kit is safe to use with your stock suspension components.. It is a mild drop around 1" a little more once it's settled it's enough to look better but still high enough to you don't need to worry about blown shocks and lane ways... If you go with the pro kit its safe to do rims or springs first..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you are super helpful! any suggestions for what color rims and tire brand?

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
For Wheel brands id recommend enkei I have the Enkei rpm3s and I love them! Other Brands that are good and not real hard on your wallet are konig and xxr I think a set of xxr 527s would look very good on your car in a chromium black...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Go with the gunmetal, gold will look terrible next to that color.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
gold wont look that great with that colour really and bronze really not feeling the bronze with that colour, I would say probably white, black, gun metal, or silver and considering you are going to a bigger rim you will have a big gap so if you are really concerned about that your first and only choice right now would be lowering springs(no coilovers out for our cars yet unless you go to the D2's which were not tested on our cars) and then the rims

1 - 20 of 32 Posts