9th Gen Civic Forum banner

541 - 560 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I expect a spring to fit my car I don't expect to hear a clunk sound every time I turn my wheel ...ill just return them and pick up some sport lines like my buddy has with stock struts and no clunking sound

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I figured it out, because the springs are shorter than the struts the springs bind together when they rotate. What I did was bought some 1/2' clear rubber pvc tubing and put it on the coils that were binding. You'll know which parts of the coils are binding because the paint will be scratched off and have a rough texture when you touch it.

This is what I bought:

Watts 1/2 in. x 10 ft. Clear PVC Tubing-SVKI10 at The Home Depot

It's about $5 at a home depot and all you have to do is cut it open and wrap it around a coil. Hope this helps.

ALSO: Make is sure everything is torqued to factory specs too. That's another huge factor.

FYI: This is for all aftermarket springs. Its an old trick me and my cousin have been using for years on our lowered cars on springs lol

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ive had my road magnets on for over a year. i bought them used from a guy who said they made noise.I installed them and never had an issue with noise or anything. the drop is nice and even and other than coil overs i wouldn't have any other set of springs. Gotta use the 8th top mounts,cut them, and install them right so the spring seats properly on them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When u say 8th gen top mounts your talking about the fronts right ? If so where can I buy them ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
interested to hear how your setup is doing now that you've been riding on it for a few months now

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just installed my RM's yesterday and I love them. I'll post pictures of the drop later. They make the car look a thousand times better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea I got them but the issue is the front binding when at very low speeds ..there too short and don't even need a spring compressor to install ..I put load on the spring before I torqued everything down ..very annoying sound especially when you have a brand-new car

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yea I got them but the issue is the front binding when at very low speeds ..there too short and don't even need a spring compressor to install ..I put load on the spring before I torqued everything down ..very annoying sound especially when you have a brand-new car

Yea, I know I had a popping sound when I first installed my old Road Magnets, but it did go away after they settled.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hope I get lucky and it goes away other then that the ride quality is great and drop is very nice

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
The low makes the ride.

541 - 560 of 584 Posts