9th Gen Civic Forum banner

561 - 580 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I figured it out, because the springs are shorter than the struts the springs bind together when they rotate. What I did was bought some 1/2' clear rubber pvc tubing and put it on the coils that were binding. You'll know which parts of the coils are binding because the paint will be scratched off and have a rough texture when you touch it.

This is what I bought:

Watts 1/2 in. x 10 ft. Clear PVC Tubing-SVKI10 at The Home Depot

It's about $5 at a home depot and all you have to do is cut it open and wrap it around a coil. Hope this helps.

ALSO: Make is sure everything is torqued to factory specs too. That's another huge factor.

FYI: This is for all aftermarket springs. Its an old trick me and my cousin have been using for years on our lowered cars on springs lol
Thanks man that really works !!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
How do u kno what spring is right and left for the front ? Someone told me I could have them switched and that's why they bind

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
Now rocking japspecjohn's former Road Magnets, install took some time in the garage today but the end result looks and handles great!
May we see it, pls?

·
Registered
39 Posts
wow that was fast delivered and installed same day
I had prepped it all that morning, dropping the suspension and removing the stock coils. Mailman came right as I was finishing the prep work, it was good timing.

Pics before DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0004.jpg

Pics after 20130707_201022.jpg 20130707_201033.jpg 20130707_201107.jpg 20130707_201119.jpg

The ride handles noticeably tighter, with a little more feedback from the road in all driving conditions, but much more confident cornering with less body roll. There are no noises (I wrapped the tops of the front coils with 1/2 inch plastic tubing). The springs seem to be really well made, I know that they aren't going to be their best without some struts/shocks that are designed for lowering springs though. The ride is stiffer for sure, not totally committed to this setup vs. stock but we will see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The understeer is virtually non-existant now. It looks so much better and handles so much better. It was a great investment of $230 and a few hours of my time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll have to pay attention to that the next time I go out. I still will probably want to put on the front tower bar whenever one becomes available.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone with road magnets running wheel spacers with stock wheels ? Looking to purchase some spacers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well I just got some Road Magnet Springs from another member and I have to say they are awesome it's the perfect drop!!! ???? 5 starts

Pics soon sorry the car is super dirty and I have to clean her

2Sick

561 - 580 of 584 Posts