9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows about these? I see a lot of Honda civic guys driving around with them. I heard horror stories and good stories about rota wheels....confused what to think.:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
NEVER IN A LIFETIME!!! Yea they're cheap thats why u see alot of civic guys driving around with them...they do make some nice looking ones but they all suck! My friend had 1 for his 8hgen and he hit 1 **** pothole and cracked his driver side and if i had a picture of this pothole u would laugh it wasnt even that big and he had continental dws tires! I would say stick with stock or spend the bit extra $$ and get some good rims like. Rays, GramLights, Volk, Work Wheels, of course Mugen 8thgen wheels are still sexy ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEVER IN A LIFETIME!!! Yea they're cheap thats why u see alot of civic guys driving around with them...they do make some nice looking ones but they all suck! My friend had 1 for his 8hgen and he hit 1 **** pothole and cracked his driver side and if i had a picture of this pothole u would laugh it wasnt even that big and he had continental dws tires! I would say stick with stock or spend the bit extra $$ and get some good rims like. Rays, GramLights, Volk, Work Wheels, of course Mugen 8thgen wheels are still sexy ;)
Rays, GramLights, Volk, Work Wheels when new are expensive $4000-5000 with tires :eek:. I just might buy used or a cheaper brand that still holds quality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Enkei and 5zigen are both pretty solid and reasonably priced.

And I don't know how bad Rotas really are. I've had Konig wheels in the past with no problems and I've never head of anyone complain about them. But both Konig and Rota use the same manufacturing process and abide by almost identical wheel safety restrictions so I don't see why they'd be any different.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Been on Rota Slipstreams for almost 5 years now and still going good.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I really haven't heard too much bad about them to be honest, I've seen people with them on the road. Personally I would only get rims if they were some high quality ones. I wouldn't want to change my stock rims to something of lesser quality. The new Si rims are really nice IMO

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ive also been on rota slipstreams for a couple years with no complains. The car came with them and they look nice so Im fine with them. Im pretty sure ill be keeping the stock SI rims for a while when the 9th finally comes out

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had Rota J-Mags And They Are UGLY. I Don't know why people like them. They sorta looked like Chromed out steelies with little triangle instead of the circles on steelies and with bolts around the lip.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
ewwww rotas
Yeah that is what lots of people said at first and then when they couldn't afford the volks, works, etc, they settled for ROTA...LoL:eusa_dance:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Well regardless your going to have people that like/dislike every brand and each is going to have their own opinion/experience. I myself will probably go with a set of Enkei EKM3 gunmetal wheels after i wear down the stocks
Are you gonna use the stock EX wheels or will you get the ones from the HFP package? This is assuming they keep with an HFP line

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
what is HFP? sorry lol new to honda remember
(Honda Factory Performance) maybe? they offer a dealer line of performance items and accessories?
Yes HFP = Honda Factory Performance. With the 7th Gen Civic, especially EP3, they offered the whole HFP lip kits (front, side & back), HFP rear spolier, HFP Suspension which is the struts/shocks and HFP Rims. They also have it for the 8th gen civic as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts