9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
The fog lights look odd, but other than that the front and rear look nice. And to beat all the newbs to the punch I'll be the one to ask, what does the F1 brake light do? Is it the third brake light? Does it come with a wiring harness or plug (like the UAE headlamps that had to be rigged to work properly with some harness that we can't get)?

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
The fog lights look odd, but other than that the front and rear look nice. And to beat all the newbs to the punch I'll be the one to ask, what does the F1 brake light do? Is it the third brake light? Does it come with a wiring harness or plug (like the UAE headlamps that had to be rigged to work properly with some harness that we can't get)?

The real mugen rr light has a constant on.but when brakes are applied it flickers in rapid succession.
You can buy an f1 style third brake for 20$ on eBay.
I have one I bought for my sandrail.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the front. I was actually looking at another front bumper replacement. This one to be exact civic front bumper.jpg I think I am really liking the RR front more. Could also be because I have not seen it at all until now. ;)

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
it's personal preference... if you want rr front bumper, please let me know, i have several members willing to take side & rear off you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
doesn't look too bad, although, imo, the RR style should stay with the 8th gen because that's what the RR was. Guess that's just personal opinion since we can't swap tails either.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Is the front bumper, grill, side skirts, and rear included for the $600? Or what exactly comes in the kit?
yes, the complete kit is $600 + shipping or free for local pick up, it include, front bumper with mesh & fog lights, 2x side skirts, rear apron + led f1 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey team3d, thank you for the awesome photos and test fitting the Mugen RR kit on 9th Gen Civics. It looks great! And thank you RobSBP for mounting on the parts so we get a good look at the fitment.

I have a 2012 Si Coupe, is there any chance of me being able to fit this kit on? Someone earlier said to swap my rear bumper to the sedan base model rear bumper, is that even possible? And it's my understanding that a 2012 Coupe can swap bumpers with a 2012 Sedan, so shouldn't this Mugen RR fit for me too?

Lastly, do you have any submitted photos from customers that have this kit on, paint matched and aligned?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts