9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my 2012 R18 5speed Civic. I love this car so far I've been focusing on handling I've upgraded the sway bar end links front and rear with white line (really helps out) lowered on Eibach sport lines and just put on a Tanabe strut bar that I bought on here. I'm also planning on going boost 2018! Just bought a rev9 turbo I was really impressed with it out the box the quality isn't too bad. Well I plan to include all the parts I end up getting later on in my build here's some pics of my progress over the last year.

Mods

Enkei pf01's 17x8et50
Federal RSrr's 225/45/17
Siri Moto shifter base bushings (best bang for your buck mod)
Tanabe Strut bar
Whiteline Sway bar endlinks
Rotorworks Rotors
Eibach Sport Lines
Gutted rear seats :eek3dancesmiley:
2012 Si front bumper
2014 Si rear bumper

When I was basic af
IMG_3362.jpg
Getting There
IMG_3484.jpg
Before repaint
IMG_3252.jpg
After
IMG_3826.jpg
IMG_3566.jpg
IMG_3827.jpg
IMG_3825.jpg
IMG_3917.jpg
IMG_3922.jpg

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Still debating if I should spend the extra money now for 850cc injectors and e85, or run some OEM RDX injectors on 91. My goals for 91 would be 230 to wheels or e85 250.

Just got my ebay manifold and Rev 9 waste gate.

View attachment 466890
Are you planning on daily driving this beast? Somebody feel free to correct me, but I hear e85 gives shit for mpgs, tho it does allow you to make more power.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Are you planning on daily driving this beast? Somebody feel free to correct me, but I hear e85 gives shit for mpgs, tho it does allow you to make more power.
So does driving with your foot to the floor board. Can't comment on the e85 mpg but when going the performance route, one will always encounter a trade off. Whether it be mpg, noise, smell, sound, performance or safety. There are bound to be some trade offs.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
So does driving with your foot to the floor board. Can't comment on the e85 mpg but when going the performance route, one will always encounter a trade off. Whether it be mpg, noise, smell, sound, performance or safety. There are bound to be some trade offs.
Correct, but if it was my daily, which its not, i'd need as many mpgs I can get with a turbo cuz i'm gonna be in it all the time making woosh noises. That's why I asked. Non daily hell yea make as much power as possible. I gotta drive this beast everyday, I need as much mpgs as I can get.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going e85 because of the performance not mpg. Also I have an r18 that averages around 25-26 your Si gets around 18-20? So considering around a 30% loss of mpg with me switching to e85 I should get around 18mpg which would be pretty good if you ask me.

And yes this will be my daily if it behaves it self and doesn't act up lol.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Correct, but if it was my daily, which its not, i'd need as many mpgs I can get with a turbo cuz i'm gonna be in it all the time making woosh noises. That's why I asked. Non daily hell yea make as much power as possible. I gotta drive this beast everyday, I need as much mpgs as I can get.
I hear ya man! My fear is wanting to hear the woosh noises all the time! Haha. Gas runs where much easier back in the day. Totally kidding, I was too scared to ever steal anything!

You are right though, e85 will reduce MPG's. Well for the most part.

I'm going e85 because of the performance not mpg. Also I have an r18 that averages around 25-26 your Si gets around 18-20? So considering around a 30% loss of mpg with me switching to e85 I should get around 18mpg which would be pretty good if you ask me.

And yes this will be my daily if it behaves it self and doesn't act up lol.
I'm at a modest 23mpg, not bad if your ask me. Especially because I have a heavy foot sometimes.

If you are certain on going e85 I'd get the 850cc injectors. Remember e85 requires more fuel to achieve the same power with regular gas.

I'm also not to concerned about MPG, I only live once so I say let the VTEC roar. A life lived with minimal vtec engagement is a life not well lived. Haha all philosophical and crap.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I get about 26 but i drive 30 miles to work everyday. If I keep it under 80

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty lucky my work commute is about 10 minutes with morning traffic, 2 mile drive.

Well I ordered some 850cc from deleen injectors. They come flow matched for 85 with a dead time sheet. Now I'm looking at dw300 fuel pump and ordering my hondata and inter cooler.

So far I have

Oil feed/drain
Manifold
Turbo
BOV
Injectors
Waste gate
Manifold bolts/ gaskets

$700 I've spent so far

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm pretty lucky my work commute is about 10 minutes with morning traffic, 2 mile drive.

Well I ordered some 850cc from deleen injectors. They come flow matched for 85 with a dead time sheet. Now I'm looking at dw300 fuel pump and ordering my hondata and inter cooler.

So far I have

Oil feed/drain
Manifold
Turbo
BOV
Injectors
Waste gate
Manifold bolts/ gaskets

$700 I've spent so far

i have heard mixed reviews on the DW300c for our cars. Might want to try a walbor 400

1 - 20 of 106 Posts