9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Those are single cam too right?
Yes Sir R18
my personal experience with meth (not crystal meth).
alot of people were rockin meth in my cobalt ss/sc days. the blower made heat, and heat effs isssht up. there are failsafes incase you lose fluid or plug up or whatever.
you can literally touch the motor after back to back 1/4 mile runs.
i never had a chance to run it in mine as it was t-boned and written off.
no e85 here, nor anywhere remotely close to me, but when boost season comes around, i will seriously consider adding a kit.
Only thing that the R18 lacks is output support of the PWM from the ECU. If/when Hondata decides to add support for these features would really help, but as of now it seems like all the R&D is going into the 10th gens.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Got an amazing deal on a whole Katskinz seat upgrade kit on eBay for $200USD shipped. My new favorite interior mod I really wanted black interior, but this was the only color on sale for the coupe.

Before

So much finger pain at this point

Oh hello :)

Rear bench. I like the look without the headrest.

My leather soooooo soft.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Found a weak point for the R18, my differential blew up last week after 10 months of boost. Now I'm working with Syncrotech to build it back up, my plan is to put in a Mfactory Diff along with a Mfactory close ratio 3rd-5th. I'm waiting on the approval from Mfactory since they have to check out if this would even be possible. I haven't heard of anyone putting 8th gen transmission parts inside of a 9th yet, but the mainshaft and coutershaft both use the same part numbers as the 8th gen r18. The part numbers for the 2012 Differential are off from the 06-11 but it matches up with the 05 RSX 5speed base model. The 5speed has been know as the stronger of the two when compared with the 6speed, so I hope this will be a great upgrade for the R18!

I think my differential was hurt from the excess wheel hop I had when my OEM lower engine mount gave out. Also probably wasn't a good idea to run semi slicks when I was only making 140 n/a power lol. The reason why I held off for so long is no one advertises the 8th gen mounts to fit the 9th gen, but guess what they just bolt right up!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Just got the approval parts should be here next week, dropping the car off this weekend. I'll be putting the Helical style Diff from Mfactory along with the Close ratio 3rd-5th gear. I'm sticking with the OEM 4.29 final drive since Mfactory only makes a 4.6 and 4.9 for the R18. I really wish I could throw in a 4.1 and have the Type R final drive.

Turbo surprisingly never fell off in 3rd gear even with the OEM gear set, so it should be an absolute monster when its done :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Here's the close ratio gear set for the R18. Having Joel from Nitegrind transmission doing the rebuild. He matched up the Syncros from what I believe was a B18 transmission, and they seemed to line up. He will be giving more info within the next couple days.

OEM Ratios

3rd: 1.235
4th: 0.949
5th: 0.727

Mfactory Ratios

3rd Gear: 1.458
4th Gear: 1.167
5th Gear: 0.969

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Looks like I'll have my car on my 28th which is exactly the same time Bwerksfab finished up my intercooler piping last year.

I went through my tune and got all the spikes out of the ignition high timing areas. Yes the R18 does have a high cam profile that kicks on past 3000 rpm. I was always doubting the fact that the R18 had VTC, but when it kicks on you can really feel the difference in the flow of the Turbo, and the sound it makes is even better. I've never driven a turbo Honda without an integrated exhaust manifold head, but Turbo lag is almost non existent in this platform. Yeah sure it's not great for 700whp, but that type of power will never be fun on the street. This is about a quick spooling corner carving monster. This car is a street car so keep that in mind, for all you guys wanting a Turbo. Set a goal Street car or 9 second car? Only hyper cars can do both, and that's why you pay more than a house for one.

Silky smooth

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Mfactory Helical LSD with stage 1 race pack
Mfactory Close Ratio 3rd-5th
Syncrotech Carbon Synchros
4.1 Final Drive from a 2011 CRZ
Fresh OEM bearings/seals

Hope the 4.1 final drives helps with 1st and 2nd gear. Still haven't driven my car yet, since its be transported across the country right now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Here's a quick pull after my transmission build, this is also my first revision tune for 93 octane pump gas. No more 91 octane since I'm on the east coast now, I could only run 11 degrees of timing on 91 without getting knock. Anything past 11 I'd get about 20-30's knock counts in a one hour drive. I now have zero knock counts while doing back to back pulls. I'm also running 17 degrees of timing 2PSI-9PSI then it tapers off to 15 degrees. MPH reading is all now off, 25mph on spedo is now 34mph on GPS while in 4th gear. After testing out the LSD in cold weather its a big difference, surprisingly the car still has zero torque steer in 2nd gear. After I made this video I've gone through 3 more revisions. I'll get some videos out soon this car is an absolute rocket now in 40 degree weather.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

101 - 111 of 111 Posts