9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K20A2/K20Z1 oil pump conversion
OEM Honda parts
This is for everyone doing a RSX-S oil pump conversion on your K-series engine, We have what you need here to get the job done
-K20A2 oil pump
-K20A2 baffle plate
-K20A2 oil pump chain
-K20A2 oil pump chain guide
-bolts for the oil pump
-bolts for the baffle plate
-bolt and washer to plug oil jet on the block
-Hondabond

The 2012+ Honda Civic Si will require the RSX oil chain tensioner, that will need to be added to complete the install on the 9th Gen

http://afhkparts.com/shop/jdm/k20-rsx-type-s-oil-pump-kit/

We always stock everything for the swap :)

autofair honda has done it again:up:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Has anyone tested this on the 9th gen k24? I am just wondering if anything is different as there are minor changes to the head vs late model K series engines.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HPD has been using this oil pump on World Challenge Si's since 2012, and I think some of the 09+ TSX's also. The bottom of the engine from the K24Z is the same geometry as the K24A. You will need to notch the pump for the main cap just like the 2011 Si and you will need to use the RSX oil chain tensioner since the R40 K24Z one is different. This kit and the added tensioner are available on the site, we ship these oil pump kits daily, any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
does this install raise the rpm?
No it will not the oil pump has nothing to do with how high your car can rev, the reason anyone would go with this mod is because this oil pump has a better design and flow then the one that is in the Si's now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
677 Posts
No it will not the oil pump has nothing to do with how high your car can rev, the reason anyone would go with this mod is because this oil pump has a better design and flow then the one that is in the Si's now

Does the stock oil pump actually have a problem keeping up with the stock Si motor?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always tell people not to put a number on the redline, some people think of it as a black and while line which isn't a good idea to think like that. These oil pumps can help insure better oil control at higher rpm though and actually free up a few Hp, this entire swap actually weighs a lot less than the balance shaft pump also.

·
Registered
677 Posts
So has anyone done this to their 9th gen yet?
I read about 8thgen guys swapping in a k24a2 block and they chose to swap for the rsx oil pump also, but they had a little problem with how the pump fit on the block.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone done this to their 9th gen civic si? I just finished mine started the engine and it does sound a little different without the oem oil pump... I don’t wanna say it sounds like a knock... but it sounds way different. Just want to make sure everything is alright

·
Registered
610 Posts
Has anyone done this to their 9th gen civic si? I just finished mine started the engine and it does sound a little different without the oem oil pump... I don’t wanna say it sounds like a knock... but it sounds way different. Just want to make sure everything is alright
hit up reeses cars. He just did it on his rebuilt motor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts