9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opened my sunroof today and found this 1inch gunk of rust on the frame of my sunroof. Took it to the dealer immediately. Now the guy says he has to find out if its covered under the warranty. Only had the Si for 5 months.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
No and I hope not. Give us some news when you got your answer back. And there's no reason to refuse to repair that. Obviously not a rock from the road.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do they use inferior materials on the Central American versions?? I thought the sunroof tracks were aluminum... I really have no clue. Just talking out my ass.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do they use inferior materials on the Central American versions?? I thought the sunroof tracks were aluminum... I really have no clue. Just talking out my ass.
The Si that we receive are built in Canada. The Regular EX/LX are brought from Japan. So I would guess there built with good standards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely I rushed it to the dealer as soon as i found it. I didnt even have time for a pic. But Will do. The chunk of rust that fell off was pretty scary.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just left the dealer a couple of minutes ago, they confirmed that its under warranty. Im just gonna have to wait for the parts to come in. They said that theyre gonna replace the entire weatherstrip, frame and glass. Ill upload pics tomorrow after I pick it up.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Just left the dealer a couple of minutes ago, they confirmed that its under warranty. Im just gonna have to wait for the parts to come in. They said that theyre gonna replace the entire weatherstrip, frame and glass. Ill upload pics tomorrow after I pick it up.
That little oopsy consists of over a thousand bucks in materials not including labor IF they do it right. Shit happens. Sorry it was you and not the asshat that ran the stop sign in front of me today. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It kinda worried me when he said, hmm Ill have to confirm if its under warranty. But what worries me the most is the whole Sunroof Removal/Installation. And crossing my fingers that they wont mess up my interior. Im really considering removing my seats myself the day i have to deliver the car. Cause i know that I ll take extreme caution, vs. them just going "ahh its just a scratch"

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I haven't noticed this, but I haven't really looked either. Can you post a pic of the issue if it's not already fixed up for ya?...

·
Registered
429 Posts
It kinda worried me when he said, hmm Ill have to confirm if its under warranty. But what worries me the most is the whole Sunroof Removal/Installation. And crossing my fingers that they wont mess up my interior. Im really considering removing my seats myself the day i have to deliver the car. Cause i know that I ll take extreme caution, vs. them just going "ahh its just a scratch"
Well, if it's a dealer, it should be fine. They have insurance for damage caused to your car. If you're worried, take pictures with the tech when they take possession of your car. When they remove interior liner, etc, they should be using fresh clips. Honda dealers usually stock them, or will order them along with the other parts for the job.

Reactions: Roadcourse2

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
Before you leave the car with them, tell the service advisor you want him (while you watch) to look through your entire interior for any existing damage, tell them you want it just how you left it. If you make it clear that you're gonna be VERY critical the they'll be extra careful,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Interesting.

I have not had my car back to Honda for anything since getting it in November 2012.

But, when I used to bring my MINI in for the various things that went wrong with it (all covered under warranty), the writer, with his clipboard and special damage sheet, would walk around the car with me, noting any imperfections that existed, so that if there was anything else when I picked it up, they would be liable to fix it. This should be done every time you bring your car in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Interesting.

I have not had my car back to Honda for anything since getting it in November 2012.

But, when I used to bring my MINI in for the various things that went wrong with it (all covered under warranty), the writer, with his clipboard and special damage sheet, would walk around the car with me, noting any imperfections that existed, so that if there was anything else when I picked it up, they would be liable to fix it. This should be done every time you bring your car in.
I agree! My local dealership's fine print pretty much waives all my rights to claims for damage. It makes me feel like I am handing the keys to a fifteen year old.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Took me a while to respond. Extremely busy with work. Hope Im the only one with this problem.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts