9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just bought my new Civic and i would like some feed back on which rustproofing method to choose, grease or oil??
I live in Montreal QC where the winters are bad and the salt on the roads are gonna eat your car up if you don t get it rustproofed.
I would like to keep my Civc for more than 10 years.The APA recommends Krown for oil or Barry s Rustproofing for Grease.....
The difference between the 2 is an annual treatment of about 115$ for Krown and a one time application of about 400$-500$ and a 100$ check-up after 3 or 4 years for the grease.
Krown drills hole in the panels for the oil to penetrate as for no holes for the grease.....
I had a 2002 Accord which i treated every year from new at Metropolitan Rustproofing at 75$ a pop, no rust , except for a spot on my trunk under my wing.The negatives about Metropolitan is that it warped my rubber moldings on my hood and doors and the employees take only 15-20 minutes to do the whole process and they look like they don t really give a &?%& about the work they are doing.
So i would like to have some feedback and personal experiences on oil and Grease please!!!!!!

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Sweet Home Alabama. Snow sucks. Salt sucks more. I feel for you guys freezing to death while cars rust out. But then there are drawbacks to living in Alabama. Football isn't one of them.....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Wish I can share the love with you guys but Houston dont get much of snow but if we do like last year for one day, it was bumper cars....:p Apparently it turned everyone into the day of driving. Bless me for knowing drifting (not that it helps much on ice) and driving in colorado.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been doing annual Krowns for $115. They seems to do a good job, and they put lots of the stuff all over. The car is literally dripping for days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts