9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda civic si w/ Skunk2 3 inch catback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this exhaust setup? Would just like to know the sound before I get the downpipe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with a 3in DP if you already have a 3" Exhaust like the megapower rr
I would go with the 3 inch but I would need the rear motor mount and there aren’t any good catted 3 inch in the 400-500$ range that I’ve seen

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't think a 3" vs 2 1/2" is going to have any difference in power on a bolt on car. A 3" will probably make it slightly louder though. IIRC most 3" downpipes choke down to 2 1/2 at the end anyways.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Full Race and Ultimate Racing are the only 3" catted DP I think. I do believe they're both 3" all the way though

·
Registered
485 Posts
you will need rear mount regardless. Full Race is 3" all the way back (I have the catted version).

·
Registered
91 Posts
you will need rear mount regardless. Full Race is 3" all the way back (I have the catted version).
I don't really understand the point of going to the RV6 tbh. Isn't it the same size as the stock? I guess maybe just to eliminate one of the cats?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't really understand the point of going to the RV6 tbh. Isn't it the same size as the stock? I guess maybe just to eliminate one of the cats?
Haha, some ppl love them. RV6 makes awesome products tho. I'm not sure what the OEM sizing is; RV6 is 2.5 I believe. Yea, probably. I believe VitViper did dyno showing how beneficial going 3" is on these cars.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haha, some ppl love them. RV6 makes awesome products tho. I'm not sure what the OEM sizing is; RV6 is 2.5 I believe. Yea, probably. I believe VitViper did dyno showing how beneficial going 3" is on these cars.
I recall seeing the same from Vit's blog. I really wish that his site was still up, but using the Wayback machine is a good substitute.

I would go with the 3 inch but I would need the rear motor mount and there aren’t any good catted 3 inch in the 400-500$ range that I’ve seen
Seems like the overall consensus is:

If you're looking for performance, go 3". If you just want some extra noise, and don't wanna replace the RMM, go with the RV6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recall seeing the same from Vit's blog. I really wish that his site was still up, but using the Wayback machine is a good substitute.

Seems like the overall consensus is:

If you're looking for performance, go 3". If you just want some extra noise, and don't wanna replace the RMM, go with the RV6.
Well thank you everyone, might just splurge on the ultimate racing catted and the rmm.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I had always read the gains from a downpipe are from removing the precat with the horrible bends. Full-race to rv6 websites has near similar gains...even though full race is including exhaust. Maybe vitviper was more optimistic than manufacturers were.

Reactions: fahnix

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Downpipe and full exhaust 3 inch it sounds really good very loud the only issue I've had was it is the heat shield underneath the driver and passenger seat vibrates very loud with the exhaust and when Cambering the car on the passenger side there's not very much room at all

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Downpipe and full exhaust 3 inch it sounds really good very loud the only issue I've had was it is the heat shield underneath the driver and passenger seat vibrates very loud with the exhaust and when Cambering the car on the passenger side there's not very much room at all
Did you do the RMM along with it? All of the 3in require the rear motor mount to be replaced. Otherwise you'll get the vibration you're referring to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes i did so what I did last week I lifted the car up on a 4 post lift there is a heat shield that's right between the driver and passenger seat right above the exhaust that's what is Vibrating it's like tin or Aluminum

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh yeahhhh there's a bolt that I had the exhaust shop cut out. Lemme find the video I showed them.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Here it is. I had a buddy tell me about it before I got it installed, so I was lucky enough to get it taken care of prior to install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts