9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the K24Z7 was first introduced, many people were disappointed with the integrated exhaust manifold that made conventional “headers” obsolete. This is especially true since the K-Series platform produced some very impressive performance gains with quality headers. When you look at the O.E precat, you can easily tell it was designed to be made cheaply and to be mass produced. The components are stamped and welded with no consideration for turbulence or restrictions. This combined with 2 catalytic converters, causes the engine to be literally choked out of a good amount of power.

Introducing the RV6 Civic Si bellmouth downpipe for the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] generation Civic Si and 1[SUP]st[/SUP] generation ILX. The RV6 Civic Si bellmouth downpipe replaces the highly restrictive O.E pre-catalytic and secondary catalytic converters, with a free flowing contoured casting and 2.5” tubing. We also replaced O.E “Donut” style flex gasket with a high quality, full length flex pipe with internal Interlock liner, which will hold up against the worst engine deflections.

We only use the highest quality components from a trusted list of suppliers. The entire RV6 Civic Si bellmouth downpipe is made of high quality 304 stainless steel. Each weld is TIG welded and back purged for strength and purity by our experienced welders.

On a bone stock 2012 Civic Si Sedan we gained 13.3WHP and 11.5WTQ on a Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer. However we encourage independent testing. We are offering a refund of $120 to the first 5 purchasers of this product that post a high quality dyno plot (no cell phone pictures) clearly showing before and after dyno runs on the same plot of the HP, TQ and A/F. We will also need videos before and after the installation of this part.

This product will be offered in both catted and cat-less. On the catted design we use a 200 cell high flow metallic core. There is small amount of rasp with the cat-less version and the obvious smell outside of the vehicle of running cat-less. However the catted version is free of exhaust rasp and smell.

RV6 has been manufacturing performance precats replacements for the V6 Hondas for around 5 years now. Over that time, we have obtained much experience on how to make performance precats last. Precats are subjected to high temperatures and constant stresses from the deflection of the engine. Which unlike conventional headers that distribute the stresses between several runners, all of the stresses are concentrated in one area.

2nd Gen TSX Version

Features:
- 304 Stainless cast flange sections
- 304 Stainless 2.5” tubing
- 304 Stainless Interflex Flex pipe
- TIG welded
- Argon Purged welding
- O.E Exhaust head gasket
- Reusable Copper exhaust gasket
- New hardware
- Include adapter for CEL free operation

Applications:
- Honda Civic Si 2012+
- Acura ILX (2.4) 2013+

Order Here Instock ready to ship.

·
Registered
936 Posts
2.5''... 200cell metalic core catted... Argon purged Tig welded... Stainless... So much full of Win! :D

Marko!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
12 si sedan si. Dont.want raspy sound and smell. How much for.pipe?

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: stinabih898

·
Registered
684 Posts
Miam miamm like we say in french: Cest beau en criss
Sent from my GT-I9100M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
Want to be one of the first 5. Putting ecu reflash they will dyno before and after.

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
936 Posts
Miam miamm like we say in french: Cest beau en criss
Sent from my GT-I9100M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Crissement! Que trop LA coche a mon avis!

Marko!!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
What exhaust was on the test car for your dyno runs? Was it a stock intake as well RV6?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Everything was stock as the day it rolled off the lot.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for your encouragement of independent dyno testing by offering a discount/rebate to the first five that post up their results using your product. That is the proper way to treat us 9Gen's in the real world.

Reactions: RujoKinJal and faya

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Were your posted Dyno runs done with the cat-less version of your downpipe?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was the test car for this one. Rich knows his stuff and was amazing to work with.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
It's odd that the stock numbers are a bit low but that doesn't matter. What matters is the gains it shows with just the downpipe. Bump for more independent dynos.

Thanks for the product and the detailed info.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Crazy day at work.

Here goes on my impressions of the downpipe (I ran the cat-less for a couple weeks and now have the high-flow cat version).

Applies to both versions:
- The car is more responsive and it is even easier to chirp the tires into 2nd. ;)
- I have seen 1-2mpg improvement.
- No CELs over the month I have had both versions.

Cat-less:
- At low revs there is little to no difference in exhaust note (I was surprised by this).
- At higher revs, there is a some rasp and it is louder, but only slightly. It sounds free flowing (I know not real helpful, but I don't know any better way to describe it).
- As with any cat-less setup it stinks (the exhaust gases).

Catted version:
- Across entire rpm range there is no rasp and is very close to stock in terms of sound.
- not stinky

We ran the tests on my car completely stock and I was shocked by the low dyno numbers. The person running the dyno indicated that it was the type of dyno in use that caused it to read low. Something about Dyno Dynamics brand of dynos being heart-breakers.

I am personally going to stick with the version with the cat as the cat-less didn't pass the wife test with the odor.

1 - 20 of 906 Posts