9th Gen Civic Forum banner

881 - 900 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
That must have been one happy dyno to be putting down those numbers at the wheels. Those results are not typical. Going to need a lot more to make 210whp than a catted downpipe, exahust and tb spacer.
Ya i figured, last month I emailed vit and he said only around 190-200whp with a dp and exhaust. But those guys that I mentioned before were tuned by vit, so idk i guess every car is different. Since I'm in canada i think i'm going to end up going for the 3" Fullrace d[, as the rv6, with tax, conversion rate and possible import charges will be the same, if not, more expensive than the full race.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ya there's a lot of arguments on whether throttle bodies work or not, but i'm definitely going to do more research on it
I'm sure throttle bodies work in some sense, just not "bigger is better". The TB spacer push the throttle body further from the engine/runners. Take a look at an ITB setup, notice where the throttle plates are? As close to the engine, and people wonder why they are so quick to respond to throttle manipulation.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Once i install the rv6 to my invidia q300. Will I need a tune or will it run on stock tune just fine?
A tune is ALWAYS recommended, well actually, more like it's ALWAYS NEEDED.
Yes you can run your car with a rv6 and q300 without a tune and you will be fine, as it is only a 2.5" piping and not a 3".
However, you won't be running the rv6 to its full potential without a tune and your car MAY throw an check engine light.

Will you still make some whp/wtq without a tune? Yes but not a whole lot. There's a thread on this forum where it was shown that without a tune the rv6 does make more whp/wtq over the stock downpipe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've been running my Rv6 DP for 8k miles and zero issues without a tune. Car runs great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i was under the car, changing the oil this weekend and had a good look at the exhaust. it's crazy how restrictive it actually looks. it makes me really want to switch it out just to help the car breath a bit better.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I've been running my Rv6 DP for 8k miles and zero issues without a tune. Car runs great.
No cel? Im assuming you're running with cat and maybe an o2 spacer. Curious because I wan't to do the same.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No cel? Im assuming you're running with cat and maybe an o2 spacer. Curious because I wan't to do the same.
Correct. They come with 90 degree spacers. The CEL comes on every now and again, but stays off for the most part. Doesn't bother me because I know what it is. I'll eventually tune the car, but i'm not spending hundreds right now to turn a CEL off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone else had a raspy noise when revving the engine some or the first 10 seconds of a cold start with the invidia q300 and rv6 downpipe? Almost sounds like bbs in a tin can? Didn't start happening til after the rv6 install

·
Registered
249 Posts
Has anyone else had a raspy noise when revving the engine some or the first 10 seconds of a cold start with the invidia q300 and rv6 downpipe? Almost sounds like bbs in a tin can? Didn't start happening til after the rv6 install
Check your connection of the downpipe to the catback. If those aren't lined up perfectly (gasket included) they can cause some weird noises. I like to use a couple small dabs of high heat rtv on the corners of the gasket to keep the gasket in place when connecting the two pipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought it used

Did you buy it new or used? i heard that when you hear like tapping noises it can be a sign that your dp cat has gone bad.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just installed the catted version of this downpipe. The most time consuming part of the installation was removing the two spring bolt. I highly recommend anybody installing this downpipe to get a ratcheting wrench with flex-head.

I will be getting a tune this week.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got my car dyno tuned at Erick's Racing Engine in Baldwin Park, CA.

187.5 w/ RV6 downpipe and no tune
201.0 w/ RV6 downpipe and tune

I believe the correction is SAE.

dyno.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just installed the catted DP. Not tuned yet but can feel a little difference in performance. Combined with my Buddy Club Pro Spec exhaust, it sounds amazing.

881 - 900 of 904 Posts