9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this setup? I have an rv6 catted dp with a custom catback but it’s way too loud for me. Was going to switch to the q300 but now I’m leaning towards full race because it seems like it’s not loud and sounds nicer but can’t find any decent videos or opinions about this setup.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Q300 is a little louder than stock and can drone a bit at highway speeds. I have heard the Fullrace is quite loud.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Full race is loud. Bearable while cruising at 60 but I could not stand the drone once you are up at 75-80mph on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Full race is loud. Bearable while cruising at 60 but I could not stand the drone once you are up at 75-80mph on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Is this with stock downpipe or aftermarket? My exhaust wasn’t too loud until I got the rv6.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a catted rv6 with a q300 and I love it. It's the perfect combination for a perfect deep sound in my opinion. It's not too loud or too quiet. I came from a N1 and the drone was just ear-bleeding loud on the highway, like you couldn't even have a conversation without yelling. The fullrace noise level is in between the q300 and N1.

One thing to note with Invidia exhausts - is that they hang low. You will scrape over speed bumps if you're lowered even just a tad bit, not sure why it was designed that way, but the mid-pipe hangs lowww.

As for my Rv6+q300 combo, I do drone but only once you're past 3k rpms on the highway. Windows up during casual driving is fine, with passengers or added weight on the highway, it drones a lot. It's bearable for me and haven't had any complaints from my passengers. I also have a 70a rear motor mount, so I do think that it contributes to interior noise.

I'll tell you this, coming from a N1, I miss how amazing the exhaust sounded at WOT. You won't get that satisfaction with a q300. Don't get me wrong the q300 is amazing, but at WOT it's not as satisfying as a N1 or even a Fullrace for that matter.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a catted rv6 with a q300 and I love it. It's the perfect combination for a perfect deep sound in my opinion. It's not too loud or too quiet. I came from a N1 and the drone was just ear-bleeding loud on the highway, like you couldn't even have a conversation without yelling. The fullrace noise level is in between the q300 and N1.

One thing to note with Invidia exhausts - is that they hang low. You will scrape over speed bumps if you're lowered even just a tad bit, not sure why it was designed that way, but the mid-pipe hangs lowww.

As for my Rv6+q300 combo, I do drone but only once you're past 3k rpms on the highway. Windows up during casual driving is fine, with passengers or added weight on the highway, it drones a lot. It's bearable for me and haven't had any complaints from my passengers. I also have a 70a rear motor mount, so I do think that it contributes to interior noise.

I'll tell you this, coming from a N1, I miss how amazing the exhaust sounded at WOT. You won't get that satisfaction with a q300. Don't get me wrong the q300 is amazing, but at WOT it's not as satisfying as a N1 or even a Fullrace for that matter.
I second this. The q300 sounds great with the RV6. Sounds the same with the Fullrace downpipe, maybe a tiny bit quieter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for this. Definitely makes me more comfortable buying the q300.

When I first bought the car (a little more than a year ago), I feared the q300 would be too quiet so I looked for other options.

At this time I didn’t know anything about cars, so I went to a popular exhaust shop down here in south FL and they installed a universal borla muffler with custom piping.

At first I loved it, and still do. it wasn’t too loud or too quiet, and had awesome tone.

I got the rv6 a few months ago and the inside noise now drives me insane sometimes. It depends how I’m feeling. If I’m feeling like a rebel I love it but if it’s after work or I’m not in the mood I hate it.

I think the q300 will overall suit me best the way you described it. Thank you!

·
Registered
218 Posts

When I first bought the car (a little more than a year ago), I feared the q300 would be too quiet so I looked for other options.

At this time I didn’t know anything about cars, so I went to a popular exhaust shop down here in south FL and they installed a universal borla muffler with custom piping.

At first I loved it, and still do. it wasn’t too loud or too quiet, and had awesome tone.

I got the rv6 a few months ago and the inside noise now drives me insane sometimes. It depends how I’m feeling. If I’m feeling like a rebel I love it but if it’s after work or I’m not in the mood I hate it.

Your other option, maybe cheaper alternative, would be to just weld a drone tube or another resonator to your current setup. But you can't go wrong with the q300, it's a very well made quality exhaust.
I highly recommend buying used, it's just metal piping and you can save $200-300 on buying used, but be sure to buy new gaskets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Your other option, maybe cheaper alternative, would be to just weld a drone tube or another resonator to your current setup. But you can't go wrong with the q300, it's a very well made quality exhaust.
I highly recommend buying used, it's just metal piping and you can save $200-300 on buying used, but be sure to buy new gaskets.
Definitely going for used. It’s hard to stay patient but I know it’ll come around haha.

And a different resonator is a good idea but at the time I didn’t care about power so they installed 2.5 inch piping. I just want a whole upgrade.

If you guys know anyone selling let me know haha it’s hard to stay patient as I want my car to be quieter already ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just have a rv6 with a muffler delete. It sounds fine for me. When the car is still cold its a little raspy, but when its warm and vtec kicks in... BWAAAAA *exhaust pop* once in a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone running this setup? I have an rv6 catted dp with a custom catback but it’s way too loud for me. Was going to switch to the q300 but now I’m leaning towards full race because it seems like it’s not loud and sounds nicer but can’t find any decent videos or opinions about this setup.
I`m running RV6 catless DP with Q300 and it`s a perfect low end deep under 4500RPM and really opens up at 5k to redline. Hands down the best setup you can run. The others are just way too loud for daily drivers.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Also the Q300 is a couple hundred bucks less... P.S mine doesn`t hang low at all... Maybe those who have issues with it hanging low installed it incorrectly?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Also the Q300 is a couple hundred bucks less... P.S mine doesn`t hang low at all... Maybe those who have issues with it hanging low installed it incorrectly?
My q300 hangs low as well. It's a weird design that the invidia exhaust have. The mid pipe hangs lower than the stock or other aftermarket exhausts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts