9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a while for what downpipe I should get for my '14 si and the consensus seems to be that the rv6 and full race ones seem to be the best. I have a k&n sri and an invidia n1 2.75" catback and was wondering if anyone with a similar setup has any experience with either of these 2 downpipes (going to be getting a catted one and a dyno tune).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Neither. Don’t mod your daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow thanks for contributing nothing to this thread.

Trill, I have the RV6 and love it. Ceramic coated and catted, only complaint is a noise it makes on start up but it goes away after 5 seconds or so. However, if I could do it all over again I would have gone catless. My car still stinks even with a cat, and even with a cat it throws a code for secondary o2. Not a huge deal with flashpro, but inspections can be a pain in the ass. Downpipe and a tune totally changed how my car performed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the RV6 catted. With the defouler I was lucky I guess, had no engine light, and absolutely no stink. It did make a little noise for a few seconds on startup, but my current set up does too (full race turbo, exhaust).

Driven for 40-50,000 miles with it, never had a tune or motor mounts, even drove several 500 mile trips on 87 with no issues.

I believe both are well made and good choices, but the RV6 is what I'd pick again. With a 3" you may have to get motor mounts to keep it from banging.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the Full Race 3" catted DP and so far so good. I did however change the rear MM. I added it when I first installed my supercharger. Soon after added the Full Race catback exhaust and still love the overall sound of the car. IMO, it's one of the quietest 3" full exhaust setup I've heard. I let the owner of MercRacing drive the car recently and he was surprised how quiet it was being a full 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow thanks for contributing nothing to this thread.

Trill, I have the RV6 and love it. Ceramic coated and catted, only complaint is a noise it makes on start up but it goes away after 5 seconds or so. However, if I could do it all over again I would have gone catless. My car still stinks even with a cat, and even with a cat it throws a code for secondary o2. Not a huge deal with flashpro, but inspections can be a pain in the ass. Downpipe and a tune totally changed how my car performed.
I figured my comment would get someone’s nose all crooked. But with your response, you sort of proved my point. Anytime you start modifying something on these cars, it never ends up being just one thing. Especially with the downpipe. To make it run right, you have to get the car tuned, and that’s an extra expense. And even if you get something with the catalytic converter, you may have problems with emissions testing. And the list goes on. If you want those type of headaches, be my guest. But a daily driver should not induce headaches. To each their own.

Off my soapbox.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I figured my comment would get someone’s nose all crooked. But with your response, you sort of proved my point. Anytime you start modifying something on these cars, it never ends up being just one thing. Especially with the downpipe. To make it run right, you have to get the car tuned, and that’s an extra expense. And even if you get something with the catalytic converter, you may have problems with emissions testing. And the list goes on. If you want those type of headaches, be my guest. But a daily driver should not induce headaches. To each their own.

Off my soapbox.

That's you opinion, and it's valid. But op didn't ask for that. Already has other mods listed, i'd imagine flash pro is on the list, or at least on their radar. IMO having some headaches is part of the fun. I'll never consider buying the parts and messing with my car a headache. I also enjoy making my vehicles more unique than the millions of civics out there. It's something I'm passionate about whether its a daily or a "racecar." To be totally honest, if people didn't mess with their daily drivers I wouldn't be employed so please America keep modding your dailies so I can sell you accessories.

If Trill does see this, I highlighted something important in the above quote. You will need some sort of tuning to make the car run properly. Not only for speed, but also for gas mileage. My mpg's went up 6 miles on average after the tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's you opinion, and it's valid. But op didn't ask for that. Already has other mods listed, i'd imagine flash pro is on the list, or at least on their radar. IMO having some headaches is part of the fun. I'll never consider buying the parts and messing with my car a headache. I also enjoy making my vehicles more unique than the millions of civics out there. It's something I'm passionate about whether its a daily or a "racecar." To be totally honest, if people didn't mess with their daily drivers I wouldn't be employed so please America keep modding your dailies so I can sell you accessories.

If Trill does see this, I highlighted something important in the above quote. You will need some sort of tuning to make the car run properly. Not only for speed, but also for gas mileage. My mpg's went up 6 miles on average after the tune.
I'm going to be getting a flashpro as well and a professional tune shortly after the install of the pipe to be sure everything runs smooth

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'm going to be getting a flashpro as well and a professional tune shortly after the install of the pipe to be sure everything runs smooth
Well then sounds like you're all set. Can't go wrong with either downpipe it seems. If I could do it again I would go catless, but I picked my RV-6 up on here used, and ceramic coated for pretty cheap. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts