9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the yonaka catback exhaust is good with the skunk 2 alpha header and what CAI's i should look at for it and do I need a ecu tuner for this and if so any suggestions

·
Registered
959 Posts
Heres a video tongive you an idea on how that exhaust combo would sound

As for an intake either acuity or skunk2 and yes you will need hondata flashpro for doing these mods so i recommend getting that first and then the other parts so you can at least run a basemap when the parts are installed until you get a full tune

·
Registered
959 Posts
What exhaust would give me a deeper version of that
Its all in personal preference really. For me i went with a full race catted downpipe and full race exhaust. A lot of people go with skunk2 catless downpipe with either the skunk2 exhaust or the invidia N1 for it having a deep tone but for me its way too loud for daily driving

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have full race, and Im happy. A local Si has invidia, way too loud in my opinion.
You probably should look at a rear motor mount. The 3" downpipes like to crack due to the motor shifting on-off throttle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
what does the rv6 downpipe sound like
The rear motor mount, I'd get the softest one. I've got the medium hardness on two mounts, and it rattles a bit at low rpms, like taking off from a stop.
I had the RV6 catted. Still have it actually, but not on the car. Sounds good, good build quality. Some would argue that a full 3" makes more power or future proofs yourself.
I recommend catted, my current setup I couldnt use a cat. It's stinky, and at times embarrassing.

·
Registered
959 Posts
when driving with the AC on and driving from a dead stop to accelerate i get some vibration in the cabin, wouldn’t say rattling at least not to me. But when accelerating from a dead stop with no AC on the vibration really isnt bad with the 70a RMM. I recommended going on youtube and searching up different exhaust setups to help give you an idea

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
397 Posts
The rear motor mount, I'd get the softest one. I've got the medium hardness on two mounts, and it rattles a bit at low rpms, like taking off from a stop.
I had the RV6 catted. Still have it actually, but not on the car. Sounds good, good build quality. Some would argue that a full 3" makes more power or future proofs yourself.
I recommend catted, my current setup I couldnt use a cat. It's stinky, and at times embarrassing.
haha yup, a 3 inch catless is a stinky setup. im seriously contemplating getting a catted dp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts