9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my boyfriend got me the best Christmas present ever! A custom built short ram by Advanced Race Technology, powder coated red for my 2013 SI! I'm installing the short ram on her Saturday (thankfully the temp is going up to 50 for it)! I'm soooo excited as this is the very first mod I'll be putting on my girl (besides my window tint lol). Will post more pics and comments this weekend!!! If anyone has hints/tips for me, I'd welcome them. This is my very first project outside of basic maintenance.
My new short ram.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From ART's site on the short ram air intake:
FITMENT:

• 2012-2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2-Door (2.4L 2354CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated)
  • 2012-2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan 4-Door (2.4L 2354CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated)
Every kit includes a never-oil air filter, and a hard intake pipe with a pre-welded CNC-cut flange for installing the factory mass airflow sensor. Once installed, your Civic Si will be even more enjoyable to drive. As with all our intake kits, you don't need to worry about "hydrolock", as you would with other intake kits. If you have any questions or special requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.

DYNO PROVEN: 15HP/8TQ GAINS OVER STOCK AIR BOX
Support small business! We hand-make our kits right here in the USA!

·
Photoshop Masta
2,784 Posts
Nice!!! I actually debated between the ART SRI and the Greddy SRI, I went with the Greddy...but I've heard good things about the ART.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had the ART for a while, zero issues with it really and sounded amazing. The summer temps will eat you alive with it but surprisingly didn't heat soak to often.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a lot of research on heat soak and when people have run tests, the only time it's an issue is when you've run your car hard for a long while then are forced to idle in a situation like a traffic jam. As long as you have the constant air flow it isn't an issue. Just like riding a horse... you have to walk the horse out after you've run it hard; give it a cool down period. ;-)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
Me no see no video.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Right on Sassy you are handy!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I drove my girl all day and right away I noticed the improved kick when the vetch kicks in and the amazing sound when I floor the gas! When I'm just driving at normal rprms she's a good noiseless ride; which is exactly what I want. But when I want to hear her roar, I just have to hit the gas, make her hit those higher rpms and she talks to me! I'm absolutely loving my new ART SRI! :) I have to say... I have the best BF ever, what an amazing Christmas present! LoL he was thoroughly amused watching me take out my old air box and put in my new intake... took me about 30 minutes; but I'm proud of myself! LoL, learning as I go!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Getting great MPG's!

On my trip yesterday to the detroit auto show, my car ran 38.2 mpg which is much better than I was getting prior to my new SRI! Excited that it improved my gas mileage so significantly. Prior this I was averaging high 20's to low 30's. ;-)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
Had you taken an extended highway trip prior to this one with the new SRI?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Possible new rims-opinions?

So I've decided to put winter tires on my stock rims next winter which means I'm going to get some fun new rims for my summer tires! Does anyone have any opinions or insights on the brands: Axis, Enkei and Focal?

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LoL, the tire rack picture didn't show the style rim I was looking at. It just put up the stupid stock picture. LOL, fail.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts