9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start, I have a couple items listed in the for sale section - a set of floor mats and the hood deflector.

Upon logging in today I had two duplicate inbox messages from the same user which stated:

gudme said:
Hello

I am interested in buying the OEM All Season Floor Mats that you have placed for sale, and I would want to know about the present condition, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price then I get a Cheque or Or Moder sent.

Would you please reply back to me at: [email protected]

I will be looking forward to hear from you soon.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffith
Who remembers the infamous Nigerian CraigsList scammers who are still lurking today that site today? I do and this guy's grammar is on point with theirs. To those who have items for sale..beware. If you're smart enough, don't accept any payment other than through PayPal so you know it's safe and secure.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I remember!
Dam those bastards are everywhere

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Got the same message. Contacted mods to kick him out of here.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
ISP:
ipNX NIGERIA LIMITED
Organization:ipNX NIGERIA LIMITED

Thanks for the heads up guys!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
He's back, he just emailed me! And deleted again haba

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Persistent cuss. I got the mail and it seemed strange so I looked up on google and several hits on scammer. Sweeping car online forums for parts? I'm sure you can con dumber people.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
had one call my EMS Unit Cell phone one day with the free cruise scam... had to send money he said for our free cruise... after hearing the sirens as we were headed out on a call he asked is everything ok??? lol .... i explained to them that he had called the ambulance phone which is a govt. phone and that do to homeland security crimes commited against a ambulance was a federal offense and that he would be reported to FBI...... after he stutterred out im sorry a few times he quickly hung up phone...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts