9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else using a Scan Gauge? It will help to get the most out of your gas mileage if you are into that. I use the TPS - Throttle Position Sensor reading and correlate that to the exact MPG. Just a suggestion for everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcoming. This is the first forum I have found with people talking about the 9th gen hybrid.

I almost got the Ultra Gauge. I went with the Scan just because that had it at my local autoparts store.

Question for everyone, which readings to you actually use while driving? Like I said in my first post, I use MPG, TPS, but also LOD.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming. This is the first forum I have found with people talking about the 9th gen hybrid.

I almost got the Ultra Gauge. I went with the Scan just because that had it at my local autoparts store.

Question for everyone, which readings to you actually use while driving? Like I said in my first post, I use MPG, TPS, but also LOD.
I use instant mpg, timing and barometric pressure and fuel trims. Loads dont need to be watch because fuel is not added over lambda until 70 percent which is blue/green and blue is 85 to 100 percent loads. TPS is controlled by the ecu and not the fuel pedal which my tps stays at 30. My mass air flow stays around 18 all the time and I did check to see if it was broken.

I have high egr and high fuel trims still but I think the ecu is still adding fuel during break in. Lower barometric pressure lower the octane requirement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts